Giant Worms

BradtheImpaler

I spotted a sci-fi series awhile back on Amazon and now I can't remember the title (but I will if I hear it) It has to do with giant worm-like creatures invading earth and I believe it's a 3 book series. Sound familiar?

I don't think it'd be Dune, Marky... not if the description is correct. But it may well be Gerrold's series; never read them, but I recall seeing them around.

I wasn't suggesting it to be Dune; I only mentioned it because there was some pretty nasty big worms in Dune as well.

I read the Chtorr series years ago and they remain some of my favourite books.

There are currently 4 in the 7 book series and have currently been waiting 13 years for book 5. (And you though GRR Martin was bad)

David Gerrord will one day finish it......maybe.

Lucien21 said:
I read the Chtorr series years ago and they remain some of my favourite books.

There are currently 4 in the 7 book series and have currently been waiting 13 years for book 5. (And you though GRR Martin was bad)

David Gerrord will one day finish it......maybe.
His website says they're coming. The covers look like those (mostly) terrible 1950's sci-fi creature flicks (which I thought were great back then) which drew my interest. It seems every review I've found on them is positive. Oh well, I've got 7 books on my shelf to get to first.

There's another great flying worm in Freda Warrington's Blackbird series: A Blackbird in Silver, Blackbird in Amber etc. Nasty creature indeed. I do love a story with a powerful, seemingly undefeatable monster ... so long as someone does actually find a way to defeat it in the end!

I just hope he finishes the series before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

It must be a couple of decades ago when I came across an advert for the first book, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you but it's a pity to see a series go unfinished.

Found it! It's the Chttor series by David Gerrold. Has anyone read it?

I also have read it. Boy, it's got to be 30 years ago or more, likely more. When I went and looked at the books, I'm not sure that I read #4. I guess I just thought the Chttor won and there was no one left to tell the tale. :rolleyes: