Batman Quotes!

Aeris

She smiled til the end...
My birthday is May 6th...? I have a hard time fill
Okay, everybody, these are actual quotes from the old campy Adam West Batmans. They cracked me up, and I thought some of you might appreciate them as much as I did.

Robin: "You can't get away from Batman that easy!"
Batman: "Easily."
Robin: "Easily."
Batman: "Good grammar is essential, Robin."
Robin: "Thank you."
Batman: "You're welcome."

If you guys have any, please share! I will post more later.

The Adam West Batman series is by far the best of the bunch as far as I'm cocerned. Unfortunately it's so long since I've seen this that I can't remember any quotes. However, if you're a fan, you may want to have a look at this site:

http://www.1966batfan.com/

:)

Love the original series. Definitely the corniest, silliest Batman ever. As requested, a few quotes:-

Batman (in full costume): I'm just going to hang around the bar. I don't want to look conspicuous.
Batman: [to Mr. Freeze] Naturally you didn't know I was wearing my special Super B long thermal underwear.

Commissioner Gordon: You know I'm violently opposed to police brutality.

Catwoman: I'm not just pussyfooting around this time, Batman!

***​

Robin: The way we get into these scrapes and get out of them, it's almost as though someone was dreaming up these situations; guiding our destiny.

***​
Robin: [Figuring out a riddle]The opposite of a girl is a boy!

***​

Batman: I'll be back in three minutes and twenty seconds.

***​

Chief O'Hara: When it comes to the human brain, we're not equipped.

Egghead: Woe is me, my criminal career is now egg-stinct!

Batgirl: I feel like I'm getting flat!
Cabala: What a pity...​
***​

Robin: Gosh Batman, the nobility of the almost-human porpoise.
Batman: True, it was noble of that animal to hurl himself into the path of that final torpedo. He gave his life for ours.

Thanks for posting! Here are a few more:

Batman: "Better put 5 cents in the meter."
Robin: "No policeman's going to give the Batmobile a ticket."
Batman: "This money goes to building better roads. We all must do our part."

Robin: "Boy! That was our closest call ever! I have to admit that I was pretty scared!"
Batman: "I wasn't scared in the least."
Robin: "Not at all?"
Batman: "Haven't you noticed how we always escape the vicious ensnarements of our enemies?"
Robin: "Yeah, because we're smarter than they are!"
Batman: "I like to think it's because our hearts are pure."

Robin: "That's an impossible shot, Batman."
Batman: "That's a negative attitude, Robin."

Hahaha. Too good. :)

Thanks for posting! Here are a few more:

Batman: "Better put 5 cents in the meter."
Robin: "No policeman's going to give the Batmobile a ticket."
Batman: "This money goes to building better roads. We all must do our part."

Lol. Still laughing at that one.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I've been a little busy. Here are some more:

Robin: "Let's go!"
Batman: "Not you, Robin. They have strict licensing laws in this country. A boy of your age is not allowed in a drinking tavern."

Batman to Robin: "When you get a little older, you'll see how easy it is to become lured by the female of the species."

Robin: "I guess you can never trust a woman."
Batman: "You've made a hasty generalization, Robin. It's a bad habit to get into."

Enjoy!

I haven't seen most of the series, but I do remember a scene I caught in a rerun just a year or two ago...

He's on a boardwalk/pier thing near a shore, with some little shops and open restaurants on it, running around with a bomb in his hands, the kind of big black round thing with a lit fuse rope on top that you'd see in a Buggs Bunny cartoon. Every time he thinks he's spotted a good place to toss the bomb away, he runs up to the railing and looks below and sees a couple sitting below there, or runs around a corner and realizes it's another open-air restaurant full of people. Finally, after a few roudns of this, he runs to the edge of a dock thinking he can toss the bomb in the water, and sees a duck and a bunch of ducklings floating by.

That's when he gets exasperated and says "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Robin: "Holy rusted metal Batman!"

Batman: "What?"

Robin: "The metal, it's rusty and full of holes."

Batman: "Oh."

Catwoman: "Robin, slay the blue dragon for me."

Robin "Groovy!"

Batman: "Oh-no...."

Robin: "Oh yes!" He beats up Batman, and breaks a chair on him.

Last edited:
From Batman:

Joker: "And that ladies and gentlemen is why the pen truly is mightier than the sword."

From the Dark Knight:

Cop to Joker: "Drop your weapon!"

Joker: "Hmmm... Come again"

Cop: "What do you want!"

Joker: "I just want my phone call!"

I do love that crazy original series.

Batman: I did think it would end... differently. Less ignominiously. To drown in my own anniversary cake...

Robin: Drown? In quicksand?

Batman: Yes, old chum. Death in quicksand is technically drowning.

Or "Mrrrawr wurrurh Bamman rurrugh", which was what most of Batman's lines in The Dark Knight sounded like. Come back, Adam West, before the whole concept disappears up its own Batcave!

1960's Batman

Robin: "Batman, the Bat Transmitter isn't working. Darn this device!"

Batman: "It's not the fault of the technology, the fault lies with the one who built it".

I'm currently rather enjoying watching Batman via the TIVO box, as it started from scratch before Christmas. Haven't got to the really cheesy third series yet!

When Robin's shoved off a building, and Batman throws down his batarang for Robin to catch between his teeth.

Once Robin is back up: "You owe your life to good dental hygiene".

I wish I could remember the exact phrasing, but there's the bit where Batgirl has to be put to sleep so they can get her in and out of the cave. Robin sees her and says how pretty she looks while asleep, and Batman replies something along the lines of "What you just said tells me that you are on the cusp of manhood, Robin".

So many lines have floored me. Love the tv series. LOVE IT.

I loved this one. The set-up is Millionaire Bruce Wayne and his Youthful Ward Dick Grayson have gone off fishing, therefore Batman is unavailable.

Gordon: "Do you know what this means Chief O'Hara? It means we will have to solve this one... By ourselves!" dramatic chord

Robin: "Let's go!"

Batman: "Not you, Robin. They have strict licensing laws in this country. A boy of your age is not allowed in a drinking tavern."

-- from that old batman series hehe