Your earliest sci-fi memory...

It deoesn't appear to have been at least I have never been able to find it acknowledged anywhere as a possible source material. I read the books in the early 80s and I wouldn't be surprised if the book series was 70s or earlier. The plotlines sound somewhat similar but to be honest its a very hazy recollection except for the name, a cover involving two astronauts, I think on a moon-like setting but could have been a space station, and that the main characters were children or teenagers being a young adult/ children's series.
I think it might have been EarthSearch. I remember the radio show fondly and they were novelised by the author James Follett [who also wrote the radio shows]

It was a collection of science fiction stories from either Penthouse or Playboy that, for some reason, was made available in the school library; I was in second grade.

The story was about people in the future who had sex with androids, and the wife preferred that because her android had a large penis. So the husband puts a bomb in the android which explodes when the wife climaxes.

Or something like that.

Anyway, maybe someone recognizes the story or the collection, so I can add it my my Amazon wish list.