Spider-man 3 (2007)

I'd agree that the second was better than the first, which I didn't care for at all. But this one... I watched seven and a half minutes of footage they posted over at Marvel's homepage, including a fight scene between Peter and Harry which was just a yawn start to finish. Nothing we haven't seen before, I fear. I can't see a whole lot of progression from the last two, except perhaps an attempt to top the action sequences... I do think this might fall into the X3 category.

I atleast know one thing from the trailer...there's going to be a long and incredibly annoying scene where Aunt May is telling Peter Parker about how he shouldn't be looking for revenge.

the 3rd one looks good - If you notice the trailer, venom falls onto the guy the same way it falls onto him in the comic's (in the church) - Interesting ^_^

But something that differs from the comic is the how the symbiote arrives to earth.
I won't mention it because of spoiling anything for people, I'm new to this forum (Hi everyone by the way) so I don't know what the rules are on film spoilers.
I'm seriously looking forward to this film as, being a casual spidey fan, I wasn't annoyed by the differences from the comics and I Loved the other two films.

Harry is Hob Goblin, not Green Goblin, Green Goblin was his dad.

Actually, in the comics, four different people assumed the role of Green Goblin, the first two of these four were Norman and Harry Osborne, Harry was never the Hobgoblin, and, also, two different people assumed the role of the Hobgoblin.

In the Film Harry is the 'New Goblin', which is probably for the best, as some people will get confused if it goes the comic way and allows Harry to take on the Green Goblin Mantle, and fans will get annoyed (like me) if he is called the Hobgoblin.

Too many goblins, too many clones and too many symbiotes...

I watched the movie at the nearest palace multiplex on the 2nd of may and it was to be released on may 5. Anyhow, it was spectacular everything was really good.

A major twist to the plot in the end
Tobey's altered personality ( trying 2 be a hot guy)
Harry's goblin suit amazing................unlike his father's
Venom looks exactly like that from the cartoon
The visual effects off the hook, it was really stunning

The Movie was worth its anticipation:cool:

I agree the movie is definitely going to be one of the best of the summer along with the new Pirates of the Caribean(sp?), Transformers, and Order of the Pheonix.

Spoilers follow...

I enjoyed the first two and the third is just as good as those, but it doesn't really live up to the hype it has been getting. It has been very popular on its opening weekend in the UK though, so for box office figures it will give those other films a good run.

I thought it went on too long and had too much in it. Too many characters and too many villains and plots.

Some parts of the plot bothered me:

Why does Peter have to phone MJ on that old payphone and why can he only phone her answermachine when she has a mobile (and his name is in the address book)? Why doesn't he have a mobile himself? Everyone has a mobile, even if it looks like a large brick like mine!

And he still never paid his rent!

And I'm sure there were some continuity problems with the red and black costumes - he is wearing it, then it is in the box again. And why does the red costume get ripped apart now when it repaired itself before?

Lots more action if that is what you are looking for. The romance side isn't very convincing. There were a couple of very funny jokes.

it was full of WTF moments....like the dancing

still I really enjoyed it.

however can someone explain how Peter can manage to take front on pictures of um...himself as spiderman? Im assuming some kind of automatic set up but that leaves a lot to chance - picture wise you know they might all be blurry?

Perhaps Im just thinking too much about it

At least Venom in Spider-Man 4 should be interesting.

Aren't you a tad disappointed that they put it in this one? Too much Parker not enough Spiderman for me. I still can't believe something as basic as a "bomb" disintegrated the alien organism that was supposed to be venom!!!!:mad:

First off i loved the film. Some critics said it was crowded because of the three villains and that is should have been two movies, but the effect of three villains at once was amazing and provided so many action scenes! A bit like there were more lightsaber duels in revenge of the sith than the other five combined. (well, close enough).

lou said that he would of prefared more spiderman and less peter parker. Yet i think the human content was important to the film. Without it you can't really connect with the character. The portrayal of peter is what makes the film different.

I would have liked a better ending to the love story. It feels like there was unfinished business there.

Its too bad that thats it. It would be great if there was another movie but this one had a kind of finality to it.

I just got round to seeing Spiderman 3. Although it looked good, as this franchise always had, this one had the worst story and writing of the three.

The worst thing about SP3 is that they actually had two good stories in there: The Peter/Harry/MJ friendship/love triangle; and the Eddie Brock as photographer-rival to Peter. Both lines had great potential... but were only ruined by the rest of the plot. To wit, and more or less in order:

1. Too many bad guys... plain and simple. Venom should not have been used at all (leave Brock, having lost his job, seething for a chance to get at Peter, as a prelude to your next movie). You've already got Harry as the wild card, so Sandman would have been enough villian for this movie.

2. Lose the crappy revisionist history! Flint Marko was nicely placed as concerned father turning to crime to help his frail daughter. But revealed as an accomplice in Uncle Ben's death? Cheap shot! Pointless! Ramis... bitch-slap each other (and kick Sargent in the a**) for that one!

3. Flint Marko becomes Sandman by climbing a pretty wimpy non-electrified fence and literally falls into a strange, radiation-filled Weird Science experiment being carried out OUT IN THE OPEN? Ramis... see # 2 above.

4. Peter ditches the symbiote, which conveniently drips directly down onto Brock? Ramis and Sargent... you guys must be getting awful sore by now...

5. And finally... THE BUTLER! Who apparently knew by the end of the first movie that Harry's father died by his own hand, but knowingly allowed Harry to live like a vengeful hermit and attack his oldest and best friend for 2-1/2 movies over it! Harry should have carried that butler over to the nearest window and dropped him out of it.

Ramis and Sargent: You guys should just jump.

As many people have pointed out, it was just too much. This one should never have been filmed like this... that script needed a serious editing job done on it before it ever saw the light of day. This could have been a good movie, but the decision to just add more and more and more to it buried the beef under the kind of junk that a comic book fan wouldn't swallow. The result isn't a tasty dish... it's an overwhelming hash, with nothing managing to rise to the top except the corn.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me if another Spiderman movie is made. If this is their idea of a superhero movie script, I'll stay home, thanks.

4. Peter ditches the symbiote, which conveniently drips directly down onto Brock? Ramis and Sargent... you guys must be getting awful sore by now...

Well, what your forgetting is the sample of the symbiote that Parker gave to the Proffessor. That symbiote becomes Carnage, which sets up the story for Spiderman 4. I thought 3 was OK, not nearly as good as 1 and 2, but OK. I didn't like how he didn't explain to Mary Jane why he had been acting that way, but I guess for dramatic effect. :/

Yeah, the third Spiderman movie didn't do it for me, mostly because of the reasons outlined nicely by Steve Jordan. The image of Toby McGuire strolling like an egotistical idiot, pointing at random girls, leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. I loved the first two... I don't know how they missed on this one.