Spider-man 3 (2007)

Re: spiderman 3 news

You might want to check the link. I clicked on it and it said page not found. For more Spiderman 3 news, check out my latest update post in New movie news. Yay villains!

Spiderman 3

Who's excited for him to turn bad...I can't wait, I bought the movie poster and have it hanging in my room. ONE MORE YEAR to go

I don't think he'll turn bad personally. Considering that they have to introduce another villain (Sandman), show Harry descend into madness and revenge and introduce a new love interest (Gwen), I really can't see that they'll have a whole lot of screen time to devote to the symbiote without making a lot of shortcuts. I think we'll see him brood, mope, moan and shout a bit then he'll reject it and we'll get on with the rest of the story.

Oh and what's the odds that the symbiote's origins change significantly? They'll have to put in a lot of exposition if they stick with the 'alien organism' tag. I bet they just have Peter create it in a lab.

I think this movie will not be as good as people are expecting. I hope I'm wrong though.

Winters_Sorrow said:
I think this movie will not be as good as people are expecting. I hope I'm wrong though.
Are you implying the first two were good? They was very entertaining, yes, but not really good movies.

I enjoyed the first one.
The second was a bit poor in some areas though (I didn't like the reveal of his identity or the tacked on wedding end sequence)

Interesting. I realy enjoyed both, in fact I liked the second even more than the first.
Im worried about there being too many characters in the third however. We'll see how it comes together, but Im worried they are going down the path of the X-Men and will cram cameos in sidewise without proper exposition or narrative.

Yeah, my idea; we've seen what too many superheroes can do to a movie. See X3!

I'm looking forward to it. The Green Goblin thread should be pretty good. I think the Sandman is a fairly lame villain (though the guy who's playing him is a good actor), and I reckon he's only in there so that Raimi has the time to show Harry's decent.

The symbiote stuff should be good if done properly, but there's a good chance it won't be. Personally, I'm sick of movie plots where the audience knows from the outset what is wrong with the character, but everyone in the film takes 90 minutes to work it out. "IT'S THE EVIL SYMPIOTE, SPIDEY!"

At least Venom in Spider-Man 4 should be interesting.

I had a look at the third movie trailer the other day. Oh my god! How awesome does it look? It's got Dark Spidy in it! He looks damn hot, and I much prefer him that way in the cartoons - he's more powerful, a bit bad, and way too hot!! Can't wait to see him on big screen!
Also, am waiting for the "uncle ben's killer" plot to unwind! :D
Hope everyone is as excited as I am? ;)

I'm looking forward to it. The Green Goblin thread should be pretty good. I think the Sandman is a fairly lame villain (though the guy who's playing him is a good actor), and I reckon he's only in there so that Raimi has the time to show Harry's decent.

Harry is Hob Goblin, not Green Goblin, Green Goblin was his dad.

Oh and what's the odds that the symbiote's origins change significantly? They'll have to put in a lot of exposition if they stick with the 'alien organism' tag. I bet they just have Peter create it in a lab.

I was actually looking through some cabinets the other day and came across a complete set of the first 12 issue "Marvel Secret Wars," where the alien symbiote costume was first introduced. (I think it was shown there even before it was in the Spiderman comic book, in 1984 or 5.) Sat down and read them for the first time in what must be close to 20 years. To get the whole Outsider backstory involved would be a leeetle bit complicated. To say nothing of Galactus, Dr. Doom, Molecule Man, etc., etc.

I don't even remember buying them. I was never really a huge comic book fan, what little I know was usually picked up from friends who were.

Looks soooooooooooo cool, Sandman and Venom!!!!!! Apparantly Ghost Rider looks ace aswell!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The first one was good but I didn't care for the second one. I hope this third one will prove that it is a good series. Venom was always my favorite Spidey character anyway. I didn't care for Parker that much - he had issues in the comic book. Him and MJ ended up separating.

Both Spider-man films were excellent, the second one more so then the first. the second one focused more on Peter Parker as a problem riddled young man and someone audiences can relate to rather then a muscle bound super hero with no personality. You can relate more to a face rather then a mask, which was why he revealed his identity in the second one.

Doc Ock was a far more sympathetic and exciting super villian then the Green Goblin, who appeared more as a power ranger reject then a believable bad guy.

The new film looks good, but seems to have to much crammed in to it (sandman, symbiote, new goblin, Gwen Stacy, Venom) Perhaps now that the character development of the first two films are now over, Raimi is focusing more on the action in this one.