AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem (2007)

Nesacat

The Cat
Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
Sounds like the sequel is well on track and due to hit the screen some time next year.

Here's what a friend sent me.

Shareeka Epps, John Ortiz and Johnny Lewis have been cast in 20th Century Fox's sequel to Alien vs. Predator, now subtitled Survival of the Fittest, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Epps will play Kendra, a young girl who must protect her little brother. Ortiz will play a recently elected sheriff. Lewis will play Ricky, a troubled kid.

They join a cast that includes Reiko Aylesworth and Steven Pasquale. Written by Shane Salerno (Armageddon) and helmed by Colin Strause and Greg Strause in their feature-directing debut, Survival is the follow-up to the 2004 iconic monster movie in which young predator warriors were tested by fighting alien offspring.

The next installment is set in a tranquil town where the townspeople must join together to battle a predator and an onslaught of aliens. Production begins in the fall, with the studio eyeing a 2007 release.

Has anyone heard anything else and how do you feel about this?

Re: Alien vs. Predator sequel

I haven't heard anything about it. As far as how do I feel about it.....I'll end up seeing it, I'm sure. I saw Alien vs. Predator fully expecting that it wouldn't be a stellar movie, but I still had fun watching it. I loved the Alien movies, I loved the Predator movies, so as long as the AVP movies at least stay somewhat faithful to the original creations, I'll still enjoy myself.

Agree. There's a lot to be said for movies which make you re-think your approach to life and other people and fair play to those flicks. I prefer ones where I can escape the madness of my life in the world for a couple of hours and just enjoy myself. AvP is just one such movie. Doesn't need thinking about, analysing, or deconstructing for ulterior motives. Just plain, simply, entertaining pleasure without pretensions. ("Doom" for example is another)

I really enjoyed the first Alien movie (first sequel waas pretty good also) and I really enjoyed the first Predator film. I didn't see any promise for a merged sequel but I saw it on cable and figured I take a look. It was pretty good. If it was taken separate fronm the movies it was based on it worked. A sequel could work but the backstory will require some suspension of disbelief.

I don't know how I feel about the film taking place in a small town in Texas. It seems like kind of a cheesy idea for a plot, made cheesier for me because they were filming scenes for it in a cheesy restaurant called Choo Choo's, here in my home town of Langley, BC, Canada a couple of weeks ago.

All I managed to see being filmed was a scene of the Sheriff character walking in and out of the restaurant.

Yeah - it always seemed to work best when there was menace: which came from a physical threat trapped in with the victims. If you have the whole of America, technically, to play with even if you're only in a small part of Texas, then where's the threat? Presumably it's just budgetary...

Would seem to greatly diminish the threat and menace if it's all going to happen in a small part of one state. Especially given the fact that it's the Alien and Predator.

Hopefully it is just a budgetary consideration and the actual plot is far broader in scope.

Yeah, I love alll The Alien films and the Preditor films. I like AVP too. I got my eight year-old friend really into these movies. He's going to go crazy with eximent after i tell him about this. btw It set to come out in december.

The First AV[ 2 Survivle of the Fittist Pic!

Here's the first pic of the up coming movie that is slatted for december.

for a closer look!

Re: Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem Trailer now online

Looks like they're heading slightly back down the horror route: some pretty messy looking deaths (lying face up under the wounded alien: ouch!).

Sure it won't be Oscar winning, but hey, I just want to be entertained for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon and forget about the rest of the world. Looks to be just the ticket.

Well, it at least looks better than it's immediate predecessor. Going back to Alien's horror roots is no bad thing, either. Better that than another pointless actioner...:)

....looks like a rollercoaster ride....i think trailers are usually suspect...but looking at this one.....how can they blow it....tons of action....great special effects....a female hero that looks great....the thing that we can not judge with the trailer is the acting or storyline.....however, i think this movie has a good chance of being successful....i will leave it at that....less words to eat in the coming months if i am wrong.....

the trailer looked awesome but the film is apparently is a stinker...not happy :(