Polgara's twins

Hi, I am new to the board, but I have been reading Eddings since the early '80's, I have a couple of questions I hope some one can answer. What are Polgara's children, boys or girls or both? And what image is on Garion's amulet? I have read these books backwards and forwards and I can't find the answer! Can some one help?

We never got to know about the twins, I would have love to have known.

As for the amulet, I can't remember...will go and look when I get home from work

Garion's amulet ... Eddings only made one comment on what was on the amulet. In Queen of Sorcery, Garion looks at his amulet and notices that it has a strange geometric design. That's it. For some reason, Garion never bothers to look at his amulet ever again. I'm pretty curious about what the emblem is too.

What is the sex of Polgara's twins? It is never said. In the prologue and epilogue of Polgare The Sorceress, the twins are mentioned many times, and are quite clearly not referred to by name or sex. Eddings said in an interview that this was quite deliberate as no one can now come up with any suggestion for stories about the twins, because absolutely nothing is known about them.

I am pretty sure that Garion's amulet is a sword. I am pretty sure that it mentions it somewhere in the first series (not sure which book though). This sort of makes sense as Belgarath's is a wolf, Polgara's is an owl, Durnik's is a hammer, Ce'Nedra's is a tree, so Garion's has to be a sword. As for Polgara's twins i would love to know whether they were male or female or both. I think that they are both female because Belgaraths children, Polgara and Beldaran were girls so maybe Polgara followed suit. I am not really sure about this one but that is my guess.
:)

from what i recall, Garion's amulet is rather plain, and like The Ace says, matches his birthmark.
i always assumed that Polgara's twins were girls. there is never anything mentioned about them - as such - but its impossible not to attach a gender to them. natural inclination, considering the nature of this family is female... since their birth essentially marked the resumption of the true purpose of existence and Polgara and Beldaran's lives were diverted by necessity into Garion's "Cycle of Repetition"

the gender of the twins came across as ACTIVELY denied,,,, In Polgara the Sorceress, when visiting, one of the twins made a mess while eating and was teasingly scolded as a "naughty little child". Most parents call the erring child boy or girl, underscores the Eddings' desired to not put gender to those particular children.

I'd like to think that the twins are boys - Polgara spent so many many centuries raising boys, it's nice to think she might have her own!

I'd like to think that the twins are boys - Polgara spent so many many centuries raising boys, it's nice to think she might have her own!

Actually considering her having raised, cared for and buried an endless string of boys, I'd think that despite her nearly infinite patience she was probably SICK of raising boys.

Actually considering her having raised, cared for and buried an endless string of boys, I'd think that despite her nearly infinite patience she was probably SICK of raising boys.

Haha - you've got a good point there!

Perhaps, but I highly doubt Eddings would do that sort of thing to Durnik, at least....after all, taking a look at Polgara herself, Vella, Ce'Nedra, Liselle.....-----Is a point getting across here? I think we know how tenacious and devious Eddings' female characters can be.....I'd bet the Sendarian smith would be tearing his hair out over the whole thing.

Actually in the Book Polgara the Sorceress Polgara mentions one time something about her own SON learning whatever it was. She stated Son as singuliar so I assume she had one of each.

Actually in the Book Polgara the Sorceress Polgara mentions one time something about her own SON learning whatever it was. She stated Son as singuliar so I assume she had one of each.

well looks like you might have found something nobody else did. please find the reference and post so we can all know.

I've been listening to the book all day trying to find it, Ill be able to give the whole quote once I do but not the exact page only pages.... to .... but I'll find it and post ASAP. Unfortunately my adult children have all my books theyve been reading them over the years and my youngest is away at college with Polgara. So I've downloaded the audio a while back and have been re-"listening" to the whole series.

Curious. "Polgara" is the only book of the series I've not read.'08.

OK I've finally found it. I cant give the page because I have it on Audio but its side 15/20 right at 70.38 (Minutes and seconds) This is during the time When Ule and Poledra speak with Polgara about merging into one owl to listen to what Torak has planned for Polagra. She returns from the caves of Ule to find that Garrell had fallen off his horse and broke his neck dying instantly. This is at the storm hold.

Heres the paragraph:

"My primary concern as alway's was the little boy Galane. I've had a lot of practice comforting little boy's over the centuries so I knew what had to be done. Someday perhaps I'll discover a way to deal with my OWN SON."

This leads me to believe she had one of each or she would have said "Son's"

So what do you all think?