Polgara's twins

Discussion in 'David Eddings' started by unique_dragonfly, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Verogenous

Verogenous Member

Well folks I'm sorry, I miss heard....she says "someday I learn to deal with my own sorrow."

2. ghost8772

ghost8772 Well-Known Member

Thats alright, actually even that quote could be more wishful thinking as it were. her expecting to have children of her own eventually, and there being a son there. that world was still pretty paternalistic. fathers and son's expecting to be the bigger powerhouses than daughters. even Belgarath slipping up once in The Mallorean, saying what a son she could have been. (King of the Murgos I believe, after the ship had beached/run aground and she'd conjured up mandorallen's, hettar's and Barak's images to stand beside Garion as he stood against the crew)

I've been looking, but still haven't found anything. direct referencs to the twins still seems to be genderless.

3. Twistywillow

Twistywillow New Member

I know this is years after this thread, but I too think the babies might have been boys.
    When they were born, Durnik, Belgarath and Garion were stood on the hill when they were born the Orb of Aldur glowed bright blue not once but twice for each birth. Its possible that was the clue, because when you think back through the Belgarion, the orb glowed pink when C'Nedra and Garion were married. I suspect that if Eddings was being true to form, then if one of Polgaras' babies had been a girl I think the orb may have glowed pink.
    I also dissagree that Polgara would have disliked having boys because of all the ones she had already bought up. Far from it, she would have been perfect as a mother of boys, not just because of her history but because she had a natural affinity and understanding of the male psyche.
    <Sigh> I wish Eddings had written more, I would have LOVED a continuation of the Belgarath/Polgara/Garion/Mallorean stories... :)

4. The Ace

The Ace Scottish Roman.

The orb was caught out perusing the Royal bedchamber on Garion and Ce'Nedra's wedding night - it was blushing.

The orb usually glows blue when it's happy.

5. BelgarionOz

BelgarionOz Writer Extraordinaire!

I don't think there was any forget about it... lol

To my mind, one of each is the only fair way of doing it. Do we really need two more male sorcerers in world? Not sure, we already have quite a few. Another female one I think would be good.

The amulet. Fairly sure Garion's is describe as simply a pattern, probably geometric in design, possibly something akin of Celtic knotwork design. Pretty sure he never accurately described it, possibly so that we would have something to debate on forums...

6. Alexa

Alexa traveller space dreamer

Polgara got pregnant later, so this cannot be the answer. She could have two girls instead, like her and her sister.

God, I miss this book. I wonder if Eddings plans to continue the story.

Brian G Turner likes this.
  7. BAYLOR

BAYLOR There Are Always new Things to Learn.

Unlikely given that he passed away a few years ago.:unsure:

8. Alexa

Alexa traveller space dreamer

Sorry. I didn't know that.