Lacedaemonian - Polished Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if I was to write a story, I would be pleased if it brought some happiness to a few people. This would be success to me. I hasten to add that those few people would have to be cool. :)

Hiya Lace,

As I'm not feeling too technically minded and right now I'm sitting at work on here rather than err... working... I'm just going to say that I don't dislike either version. Having left it a couple of days between reading each one I will say that your second attempt has addressed everything that was deemed 'wrong' with the first one. So please do not think your efforts unsuccessful.

Having said that, if I had a choice, the mysterious factor is always going to win with me so I'm putting my backing towards your first version. The enjoyment of reading that one led me to having a look at this so happiness was definitely brought.

Hope you can figure out a happy medium, hmmm, shall I do some work now?
Take care,
Sparker

I'll let you be the judge of that Lace, a person who has to tell people that he is cool... is almost certainly... not cool!

I think you're wrong there Lace, there are definately some cool ones on this site

Well maybe I'm just showing my uncoolness here then but anyone to me who is published (properly as in fiction) is cool.

Nah mate you are wrong. Though I concede when Mein Kampf was published in 1925 and Zweites Buch in 1961, Hitler took on a whole new level of cool. :)

Wow, this has all the makings of a serious history debate! If I hadn't suppressed everything I learnt while at uni (or was it lost to alcohol poisoning?) I'd attempt to provide a counter statement... if I even want to counter it......

I was indeed Lace. Not so long ago either. Although I wouldn't even attempt to engage in a debate on Hitler nowadays. I tried my best to avoid anything and everything 20th century!

Same here mate. Was there an almost cult like following of Hitler at your university? Not suggesting we were fascists like. :)

There was a band of students that took a little more than a passing interest in 'learning' about Hitler. Couldn't tell you whether it was cult like or not because for my sins I moved more in the Napoleon circles! :)

Ah Bonaparte! Now there was a first class loser. Don't ever mention Bonaparte in the same sentence as good man Adolph again please. :)

In truth I was always drawn to the comical tragedy that was Mussolini.

How did I know that you weren't going to be a Nap fan! My knowledge on Mussolini is sadly limited but 'comical' and 'tragedy' (Especially when thrown together) are certainly words that might spring to mind. It's good to have a fellow history man on here. Are you a 20th century fella then?

I know the entire history of all things - everything, from the big bang forth to this present second. I am almost omnipresent. :)

'Almost'? Almost omnipresent? I am disappointed Lace... and you showed such promise! ;)

Aye I was always such a disappointment to my late father. He said to me on his death bed, "You will never be omnipresent. Never!"

Such hurtful words. :(

Last edited:
I feel for you Lace, it must have been hard hearing those words... still there's always other ways to prove ones invincibility... you could write a book!

Status
Not open for further replies.