Would you buy a book from this man?

4 smilies in 4 lines, good work!

Maybe you should train at swordfighting, and then get a kid's weaponry training day for a workshop :D

"You can't give small children metal blades!"
"Its educational."
"what if they cut themselves?"
"It'll be an important lesson."

Lacedaemonian said:
Did you feature that mangled version of my name in one of your books? My children will never believe me. That I am their father that is....

Yes, Lace, your mangled name appears in Imperial Assassin, which is due out very soon.

Brown Rat said:
You don't look comfortable, but that could be a plus, because people will approach you instead of thinking you're all stuck up. You look prepared and professional. So yes, I'd buy a book, even if I didn't know it was you!

Professional! Hmm... that wasn't quite the image I was trying to convey, but then I really don't like having my photo taken. Actually, I rarely sit down at booksignings except when physically signing the books, and sometimes not even then. I think it's better to move around a bit and lose the formality of the whole thing. This was taken at the very beginning of the day before the customers started coming in, I think, so I was happy to sit down before the onslaught.

I look forward to meeting you Mark. (Winter too of course. Roddglenn rings a bell. Did I cross swords with that dude? I thinks I did but with him being a Geordie, and being double sound obviously, it was dealt with it nicely.)

PS Is Rodd a published author?

PPS I fear members of this site seeking reprisal against me. I can not afford the criminal record that would ensue the hiding I would give them. :)

Lacedaemonian said:
I look forward to meeting you Mark. (Winter too of course. Roddglenn rings a bell. Did I cross swords with that dude? I thinks I did but with him being a Geordie, and being double sound obviously, it was dealt with it nicely.)

PS Is Rodd a published author?

PPS I fear members of this site seeking reprisal against me. I can not afford the criminal record that would ensue the hiding I would give them. :)

Well remembered. Rod Glenn is indeed a published author. I'm looking forward to meeting him, if he's around. Winter's Sorrow and I have had a few beers before - it's his round so it looks like I'm going to start out the evening well. ;)

Swine! And they say us northerners are tight? Your Mrs is a barrister? And you are a published author and me and WS are buying the rounds in. :)

Lacedaemonian said:
Swine! And they say us northerners are tight? Your Mrs is a barrister? And you are a published author and me and WS are buying the rounds in. :)

Let's say prudent rather than tight, shall we? Besides, I shall consider it an honour to let you buy me a beer, Lace. I've not met many Northerners who offer in advance. :)

Sorry are what part of Engand are notherners from? I know some where in the north, but are you talking about Scotland? Sorry.

AmazingAmanda253 said:
Sorry are what part of Engand are notherners from? I know some where in the north, but are you talking about Scotland? Sorry.

Amanda, the standing joke between North and South in England has been going on for centuries (or does it just feel that way ... must getting really old!) As far as I'm concerned, anyone living North of Birmingham is a northerner, but no doubt I shall be corrected. :)

Well I suppose that's technically correct as you have the North West (Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton etc) and the North East (Leeds, York, Newcastle etc) but everyone south of the Wear is a Southerner to me ;)

People in Scotland are just Scottish, Amanda. If we tried calling them northerners we'd probably have another jacobite rebellion in short order :D

Mark Robson said:
There's always hope! :) Yes, I know Warton well. Did quite a lot of work with the Typhoon test people before I retired.

Thats how my stepdad finished his time Mark working on the Typhoon, but he hated sitting behind a desk, after spending most of his career in the air in Tornados and testing etc!! Small world eh?

Saw you new art work very good although you seemed not a 100% happy? I may be wrong?

To be fair as I pointed out in my earlier postings It was the cover of Imp Spy that drew me to read the blurb. I will be lining your coffers this weekend. Do we get a, I kinda know the author discount? lol

Memnoch said:
Thats how my stepdad finished his time Mark working on the Typhoon, but he hated sitting behind a desk, after spending most of his career in the air in Tornados and testing etc!! Small world eh?

Saw you new art work very good although you seemed not a 100% happy? I may be wrong?

To be fair as I pointed out in my earlier postings It was the cover of Imp Spy that drew me to read the blurb. I will be lining your coffers this weekend. Do we get a, I kinda know the author discount? lol

I probably refuelled him at various times, Memnoch. I flew Victors and VC10s in the refuelling role for many years.

Oh, I'm 101% happy with the artwork. I think it's fantastic. I'd mentally pictured the panther differently, but I think this actually works better than my idea - it focuses the eyes more centrally on the image. These artists are very clever people. They know what they're doing.

An 'I kinda know the author' discount! I like the sound of that. :) Perhaps I should suggest it during my next meeting with my publisher.

Hmmm, I think I DID buy a book from this dude in WH Smiths, in the Cribbs Causeway Mall in Bristol. Though I was fresh out of hospital A&E and high on much needed painkillers, so he may have just been a figment of my over-medicated imagination. Kinda like the giant blue penguin who kept following me around that day...

Are you planning to tour the new book in the Bristol area, Mark? I think it would be kinda cool to pick up each new book in a series direct from the author himself. ;)

Oh yeah, and that artwork rocks. Gothic chic indeed.

was the panther bit meant to be the "T"? It's excellent anyway.

Have you ever ventured to Blackpool for a book signing or Meet n Greet?

Winters_Sorrow said:
Well I suppose that's technically correct as you have the North West (Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton etc) and the North East (Leeds, York, Newcastle etc) but everyone south of the Wear is a Southerner to me ;)

People in Scotland are just Scottish, Amanda. If we tried calling them northerners we'd probably have another jacobite rebellion in short order :D

Exactly. I sometimes refer to southerners as people from south of the Tees, but only on generous days. :)

I have never known many tight Geordies, especially when it comes to drinking.

Mark Robson said:
I probably refuelled him at various times, Memnoch. I flew Victors and VC10s in the refuelling role for many years.

Oh, I'm 101% happy with the artwork. I think it's fantastic. I'd mentally pictured the panther differently, but I think this actually works better than my idea - it focuses the eyes more centrally on the image. These artists are very clever people. They know what they're doing.

An 'I kinda know the author' discount! I like the sound of that. :) Perhaps I should suggest it during my next meeting with my publisher.

Ha ha . . . mmm she/he'll consider it not at all!! Thanks for the genuine sentiment though :D

Brian Draper my stepdad if you know him or "Grouchy" as I fondly refer to him lol.

How do you prpare n' plot your novels by the way, just out of amature interest?

When I saw that picture I thought it was Northampton. That's where I met you Mark. Nice one. Gotta love the hometown!

Oh and you're absolutely right about moving around a lot during book signings. Think we did a few laps of the shop (not quite both floors) before you actually signed them! Was all good...

Are you planning on having another signing in Northampton for Imperial Assassin? Would be good to have a catch up... or second meet so to speak...

I don't know if I'd buy a book from that man, he's got shifty eyes.....but the guy on the cover of the books...I'd buy anything from that hottie!

LOL

Of course I would buy!

Well I just did. But that was before I saw the picture !

Only joking:)