Would you buy a book from this man?

charles said:
maybe if you keep a mock of calvyn's sword at your wast and prowl around the shop, that might attract some attention, from the police

Then I could sell the policemen some books, and all those down at the station after they arrest me, and all my fellow prisoners after I'm locked up ... and I would have plenty of time to write a stonking bestseller, come out of prison and be rich and famous! Good plan. It has a lot of merit. :)

Only kidding, Charles.

Sparker said:
Are you planning on having another signing in Northampton for Imperial Assassin? Would be good to have a catch up... or second meet so to speak...

Yes, Sparker. In early December. The details will go up on www.markrobsonauthor.com in the news section during the next couple of days.

Memnoch said:
Brian Draper my stepdad if you know him or "Grouchy" as I fondly refer to him lol.

How do you prpare n' plot your novels by the way, just out of amature interest?

As for your stepdad, I'm sure we've crossed paths. The name is very familiar. However, I can't put a face to the name at the moment. It's not really surprising, though. I met a lot of fast jet mates whilst I was a tanker pilot, but other than those I taught whilst I was a flying instructor, I never really got to know that many well.

How I prepare and plot my novels will require a more long-winded answer. I'll try to put one on in the next couple of days.

Just bought Imperial Spy and The Forging of the Sword, they sound like good books. I decided to buy them parly from reading your posts here on the forum, Mark. :)

Thanks, Aleksei. Goodness only knows why reading my posts would make you want to buy them, but now that you have, I hope you enjoy the reading. :)

If I were able to influence your choice on which to read first, I would say read Imperial Spy. Even though it's later in the timeline, I'd like to think people are judging me by my writing now, rather than where I started from. Besides, you don't need to have read any of The Darkweaver Legacy to read Imperial Spy.

Having just read the entire darkweaver series I enjoyed watching your writing progress. I don't think where you you started from was a bad place and I wouldn't worry about us judging you negaitvely for it. The later books definately have more complex story lines and characters but the early books were enjoyable for their freshness. Am looking forward to starting the imperial spy.

Can I ask, did you really enjoy writing them as it really feels like that as a reader and I always think that gives books an extra something?

jackokent said:
Having just read the entire darkweaver series I enjoyed watching your writing progress. I don't think where you you started from was a bad place and I wouldn't worry about us judging you negaitvely for it. The later books definately have more complex story lines and characters but the early books were enjoyable for their freshness. Am looking forward to starting the imperial spy.

Can I ask, did you really enjoy writing them as it really feels like that as a reader and I always think that gives books an extra something?

Thank you, Jackokent - nice of you to say so.

As for enjoying the writing, yes, very much so. I was amazed at what a release it was to see and feel my characters take shape and gain life on the page. It was almost as if they had always been there, waiting to get out and show off their story. It takes a while to hone the writing, and if I'm honest, I believe I've a long way to go before I write anything truly noteworthy, but I like the stories and the characters. The fact that many others like them too is a bonus.

Lacedaemonian said:
Would you consider writing some adult fiction Mark? I aint slighting your work, just curious. :)

Lace, I think the fact that I have around 40% adult readers will show that many don't consider me to be just a YA writer, though I'll not deny that is the target audience. There are more adult themes I'd like to explore, and there are also themes I've already covered that I'd like to explore more freely (I have to be rather careful of writing with language and content that is suitable for my audience). I imagine I shall write some fiction aimed solely at the adult audience in due course - particularly as many of my readers have already made that transition since I began writing. At the moment, however, I'm concentrating on consolidating my position in the market.

Nesacat said:
*Adds Mark's books to list to buy when in the UK next April*

Have been reading reviews and they do sound good Mark and yes, I'd probably buy the books. The display is very intriguing.
:)

Thanks, Nesa. :)

Very true Mark. I guess you are type cast now. :)

I appreciate that you feel a level of responsibility to your reader, but it would be interest to see you cover some more adult themes. Once again I am not slighting your work or the genre. YA fiction is an excellent genre and in some ways has more freedom than its adult counterpart. Especially with originality and imaginative concepts.