Paul Darrow's autobiography

Mighty mouse

Sillycon Valley
You're Him, Aren't You?: An Autobiography (2006) Paul Darrow

Have just finished reading this, it has a lot on Blake's 7 and some interesting stories.
Terry Nation apparently named it after the foreign spy, Blake, who managed to escape from a high security prison.

I have read Paul Darrow's Your him arn't you and it reads alot like you would think Avon would write it. Its a good read, plenty of info on Blakes' 7. I had to order it from UK as there is limited info on Blakes 7 in Aust.

Thanks for the info. Great book to get for my son for Christmas. He absolutely loved Blakes 7.

Have tried to get this book but Smiths, etc, cannot find it on their pcs. Where can I get a copy of it anyone?

On a slightly different note... How many out here have seen that production, Rough Magick, that he was in? It was intended as a pilot for a series, but unfortunately never made it past this one episode -- pity, as I thought it showed a lot of promise. Based on Lovecraftian themes, with that "covert operations" aspect as well, and Darrow's performance was very nicely nuanced... I found myself having a grudging liking for the character, even while thinking what a nasty ******* he was... And I love the moment when he stops in the middle of things and simply says (somewhat abstractedly): "Suddenly... I'm very bored... Bored"... It really brought the character home and made him both much more human and one hell of a lot more frightening....

If you have a chance to see it, it's worth a look....

"Suddenly... I'm very bored... Bored"... It really brought the character home and made him both much more human and one hell of a lot more frightening....
Yes, I know what you mean....
There's a bit in "Buffy", where Evil Willow is torturing someone - and then she just says "Bored, now" - and the victim dies rather suddenly, albeit horrifically. It's in the contrast, I think.

Yes, I know what you mean....
There's a bit in "Buffy", where Evil Willow is torturing someone - and then she just says "Bored, now" - and the victim dies rather suddenly, albeit horrifically. It's in the contrast, I think.

Yes, Allie did that one quite well... Here, though, no one is killed, but he's interrogating them, using some rather dangerous drugs; the person has passed out, and he's frustrated. Suddenly, he just switches it off, makes that statement, removes his shoes as if to relax at home... then snaps "The hell with it. Give him another shot...." It's really a very effective moment and, yes, I think it's that contrast, which simply says how thoroughly disconnected their emotions are, and how conscience simply doesn't enter into it when it comes to getting what they're after.... In Moon's case, he's (more or less) on the side of the angels, but he's not someone you'd ever feel in the least safe around -- sort of like The Shadow, who could laugh while beating someone to a bloody pulp, or shooting them between the eyes with those pistols....

I don't know if Callan, one of the first gritty spy/agent series, ever got over there, jd, but there was a character called Toby Meres, played by Antony Valentine in it: Smooth, charming, witty - and would kill you without missing a heartbeat.

screenonline: Callan (1967-72)

Have heard of, but not seen... I know a place where I might be able to track it down, perhaps... Thanks!:)

Sorry - should have said that the internal links don't work, unless you're a:
registered UK educational establishments, currently UK schools, colleges, universities and libraries.
Rather shortsighted of the BFI, but.......*shrugs*

Not a problem, Pyan. I got the information from the link... I'd just like to look up the series and see what it's like, if it's available....