Yes. I was watching today, and thought. This would make a great video game, but somebody would screw it up, so I hope it stays on TV only.

Wikipedia says that the first episode of Book 3 will be aired September 21, which means it's in a couple of weeks! I can't wait - I have seen all the previous episodes and I'm dying to know what happens next. Avatar is really a cool series and it is not so childish as the usual stuff on TV.

Avatar is one of my favorite shows. People don't consider it an anime since it was made in America, despite the influences it draws from anime. I read that the video game based on the series wasn't that good. In some ways, it was like baldur's gate, but perhaps not really. I'm not surprirsed, though.

avatar is a brilliant show, absolutely amazing. the jokes, the concepts, the storylines, top notch really. they are showing the new episodes on nicktoons in the uk RIGHT NOW - sky channel 606.

i cant watch it cos my mum thinks im too old for cartoons:rolleyes:

i wanna know about Ihro's journey into the spirit world - it was mentioned at the end of book 1.

i reckon aangs firebending teacher, will eventually be ihro - zuko's a mug! who's ever going to teach him to master the lightning bending now??

cant wait for the finale - how comes the new series is only 10 episodes, where the other ones were 20 ish each???

I saw an episode by accident while waiting for another program to come on and I was hooked. I later heard a friends of mine talking about it and was further obsessed.

Over here in Australia, we are only at the end of Book 1, sadly and I have to wait for some time for the dvd's to come out.

I have also played almost to the end of the first game and own the second one.

Clearlt I am obsessed, despite it being dubbed a childrens show.

Say, I know that this is a common topic, but as this thread is new I'll ask the question: what bending art do you think is the best and why?

I think that Airbending is the most practical and can be used in most situations. It can also be very offensive, given the benders strength and concerntration. Think about it - they could suck all the oxygen from ones body - from the blood as well - and they could make a persons lungs explode.

Waterbending is also scary - they can suck all of the water from a persons body, turning them into a dried out husk....

Sorry for getting to much into the somewhat gory details...

I don't think Avatar should be classified as anime because it's strictly an American production.

Just started watching Season 1 of this with the kids - and am really loving it!

This is clever and intelligent stuff. Loved the gender reversal in Ep 5 on Kyoshi Island. :)

I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender with my kids years ago, and have rewatched it since. It really rises above other Nickelodean shows in quality. It may be marketed for kids, but it is a truly quality story for any age.

I wasn't as impressed with the sequel show, The Legend of Korra. The technological development during the intervening 70 years was unnecessary. I thought the world was already utopian when the 4 elements were in balance with each other under the Avatar. I know Aang was the last Avatar, but the story can only go downhill from there.

Season 1 was great but Season 2 was something else - love the references and continuity. And - what an ending! Empire Strikes Back.

Looking forward to Season 3 - except worried they'll kill Uncle Ihro to knock some sense in Zuko...

And what about Sookie? Surely she's not...gone?

And what about Zuko? I thought he was on a path of redemption - but his chakras - he's an opposite of the airbender. And therefore may be being set up to be a tragic character. After all, isn't Ihro the true heir of the Fire Nation?

Last edited:
Finished watching all three seasons now. Fantastic program. Simply put, if you haven't watched this, do so. :)

Perhaps I should be a little disturbed that all my kids liked Zuko the best?

I absolutely love Avatar: The Last Airbender! Saw every episode of it multiple times!

Though I can't say the same for The Legend of Korra :(.

The first season of Korra was interesting, especially for the update on what had happened to all the original Airbender characters. But the character of Korra suffered from a lack of agency in her own story, except for the string of stupid mistakes she makes and then has to fix.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is definitely better and recommend viewing for all ages. :)