Christopher Reeve RIP

How terribly sad. I too was hopeful that his determination to force the research into getting paralized people walking again would make a huge difference to people in wheelchairs. Hopefully the studies he's started will continue.

And of course I immediately think, Dangerfield, now Reeve. Who will be the third?

O no...I really hoped he'd pull through and walk again...those ads he did for the Olympic games this year were so touching...

My apologies for posting about this again this morning it was early and I didnt see this here

For Christopher Reeve to have gone from such an active person to having to lead a very restrictive life must have been awful for him but he naver gave up he spoke up for what he believed in and was a very active voice for other people in the same position as him.

Even to this day he was still an actor not only appearing in Smallville but in a couple of other productions that allowed him to stay in a proffesion that he loved and he will be missed.

Very sad to hear this news.

Let his determination to fight against the odds be an inspiration to all of us that strive for improvement of one kind or another.

Grieving Reeves

It is really sad news to hear. I sincerely hope he rests in peace.

The Superman movie was the first film I had ever watched in a theatre. I watched it at a drive-in theatre in the middle of the desert that is otherwise known as Arizona.

For that, Reeves and his role as Superman will always be a childhood memory that I will cherish.

My condolances for Christopher Reeve. Didn't know he still had some rolls in acting.

flowers.jpg

He was only 52 too... I found out yesterday and was, well, shocked has too negative a connotation... But it just stunned me I guess. I really thought he would make it, I wasn't expecting this at all. Its not like I followed his life religiously, but to me he seemed like a cool guy who just refused to give up. I admired him, though i don't know that much about him.
May he rest in peace.

It is shockingly sad to hear about Christopher Reeve's death. As a boy, I remembered watching the first Superman movie when it was released in 1979, and I would leave the theater pretending to fly like my childhood hero. During my high schools years, I was living in New York and my family always had a big interest in theater. So my folks and myself went to the New York City Shakesperean theater to get tickets for a show, when suddenly from the corner of my eye, I saw an tall man dressed in an outlandished green military uniform and he was cackling about as he headed for the snack bar. Clearly, this actor was taking a break from rehearsal. I didn't paid any attention to this stranger until, my father told me that that was Christopher Reeves.

At first, I didn't believe him, but I took a look anyway and there he was. I was filled with so much excitement that I rushed over to greet him, and asked him for his autograph. He did so, but with much arrogance and coldness. I thanked him and left, however, my brief encounter with Christopher Reeves left a sour taste in my mouth. He was not the Superman I thought he was. He had popped my balloon. But after his accident, Mr. Reeves publicly announced that he admited that he was very cocky and pompous about his success, and took everything for granted. He began to see life in a whole new spectrum and changed for the better.

When I learned of this, my opinion of him changed as well. I admired him for his honesty and praised him in his goal of eventually walking again. I just wished I had a second opportunity to tell him in person. Still, I take great pleasure that I had the honor to meet him and his inspiration will give all of us the courage to overcome obstacles and get together as a whole people, without regard to race, sex, religion, age, disability, etc. I tip my hat off to you, Christopher Reeves. You truly are Superman. May your spirit soar through the stars and beyond.

Whitestar

I have also have wonderful memories of watching the Superman movies as a child. Though it gave me nightmares about being sucked into a machine and turned into a robot, the third movie was my favorite. I was very saddened to hear that Christopher Reeves had died. I hope through his research and influence that other victims of paralysis will fulfill his dream to walk again.

I just found out a minute ago. I don't really watch the news or read the paper, but I read about it in yahoo news. This is a real shock to me. Christopher Reeves was a childhood icon of mine, always the role model. I used to dream of being like him, his potrail of superman. When he first made it known to the world the extent of his recovery, I was overjoyed. Sure he was a parapeligic(spelling?) but he had proven that his will power and hope could overcome anything.
Now to learn that he has died is heartbreaking to me. I was expecting for him to eventually make a full recover, one of the few happy stories of the century thus far (admit it, the news has been a real downer since 1999). His recovery in a way gave me some measure of hope that maybe you could make the best of life and triumph no matter the odds. Now, he is dead, struck down when he had nowhere to go but up. This is a sad time, a very sad time, I will mourn his loss greatly :(

Christopher Reeves, Rest in Peace, know that you've accomplished what few others could, you've given hope to millions that their life can go on, that it doesn't end with an injury. Wherever you are, know that we will remember you forever.

Reeves-Memorial.gif

When you reach a bottom that's the only option you have is to start climbing up again, I know I had personal experience with the hitting a bottom. Unless you give up on life you fight for survival. Cristopher Reeve was a fighter.