Help me find out what this book was, please....

Tsietisin

What a way to make a first post, by begging to the people on the forum you just joined. I am coming to you as I hope that there is someone on here who might have a clue to a book that I read many years ago, but cannot remember the title.

I have exhausted just about every other option there is into trying to find this novel. It's not one that I have heard of anyone else reading before, I would also suggest that due to it's obscurity, it would be unlikely that anyone on here would know either.

I'll go with the basic plot as best as I can remember.

It's about a guy, who at the start of the novel is trapped inside a room by persons unknown to him and for a reason he is not sure of. Every day a guy comes who brings him supplies, then sits at a desk with a laptop (you later find out that all he is doing is playing games on the laptop).

It appears that he is there after going through an invisible portal, he got to where he was. It is after befriending the guy that turns up every day that he learns about these portals and how to view them. There is one just outside the door which leads back to his home. This is only the start though.

He returns home, but for some reason which I cannot remember, he dies. Once this has happened he wakes up on a beach, there is also a female there with him who he gets with occasionally. He also discovers that there is a portal on this beach that leads to a supermarket, which apparently has no end. One that is always fully stocked and he never meets anyone else there ever.

Now this is all I can remember, so I cannot remember the exact reason for all this happening, but hopefully this is enough for you.

Thanks for replying though. Hopefully I can remember the name in the future. I think I am going to have to go through all the books I have to see if I can find out which one it is.

Don't give up hope yet... sometimes it takes a day or two (or even a week) before the right person will be able to reply here; but I'm sure you'll get a lot of help on this... In the meantime, welcome to the Chronicles; hope you decide to stay and join in the conversations around the place.

Thankyou very much.

Sci-fi in all it's forms has always been an big interest of mine, so having a set of forum about the books and related matter is really quite fantastic.

I am sorry I have no clue what this books is but it sounds very interesting and anything that interesting someone on here has read so just wait a little while and someone will respond with the correct book... on another note welcome to the insanity known as Chronicles :)

Trey Greyjoy said:
This sounds a lot like Dream Science by Thomas Palmer

That was it, that was the one. Thankyou so much for coming up with that. Now I can go and grab a copy to finally find out what happens in the end.

There is a pretty good description of the plot if you do a google seach for '"dream science" "Thomas Palmer" plot' in google and look at the time magazine link.

Last edited: