3.08: McKay and Mrs Miller

Eway

Electronic Waymon
Rodney McKay is reunited with his estranged sister back on Earth, who has given up a brilliant career as a scientist to raise a family.

Re: 3.8 : McKay and Mrs Miller

**********SPOILER**********

Meredith McKay? That had to be about the funniest thing I heard all day.

Funniest episode since Duet, definitely. I loved all the bickering between Rodney and Jeannie, and McKay's jealousy over 'Rod'. :p

I thought Kate Hewlett was great in this, I hope we get to see some more of Jeannie.

Enjoyed it but felt like a tribute to the 'Ace' episode of Red Dwarf

Enjoyed it but felt like a tribute to the 'Ace' episode of Red Dwarf
Do leather jackets make your duplicate cooler?

It was also a lot like the 6th season Star Trek: TNG episode 'Second Chances' with a girlfriend replaced with a sister. Though I have to say, there is plenty in the scenario of meeting a duplicate to use for many more stories, and this did do it particularly well.

I know there are only so many stories out there, I only mention it since this seasons writers seem to be mining the last few seasons of TNG. We just had Weir in the asylum being told that Atlantis was an illusion, very similar to 'Frame of Mind', and the B-story this week, which was about runaway technology damaging the universe, exotic particle pollution, something for nothing, and responsible science - reminded me a lot of 'Force of Nature' from the final season of TNG.

Anyway, it was a good 'human emotions' episode. Although Rod did get returned (and so unfortunately we won't see him again I guess) they didn't use a reset button to correct the loss of the ZPM, or to find some other work around. I like actions to have consequences that must be lived with.

I agree that this was a good 'human' episode. I also hope that they feature Kate Hewlett again - the interplay between her and her brother was brilliant.

I liked the idea that instead of solving their energy problem, they've made it worse, and will have to live with that. Now they are much more vulnerable against both the Wraith and the Replicators, time to find another ZPM methinks!

I really liked it. Very funny episode. McKay was on top form and his sister was great, too.

As has been said above, it did remind me a bit of Red Dwarf with the whole Ace Rimmer thing but overall it was one of the best of the season so far.

I loved the last scene with Jeannie, Rodney and John. It's so sweet! It was a nice detail that Rodney had never sent Jeannie the video message from "Letters From Pegasus" and for John to show it to her.

I loved Jeannie, she was so funny "Hah! I solved your problem in my spare time! With finger paint!"