elemental magic

favorite element

• Total voters
Although fire is a very seductive element, and is often linked with magic and magicians (possibly because it somehow seems to have a life of its own) I have always found air to be the more fascinating element. To me it is more enigmatic - being seemingly insubstantial, yet being at the same time capable of destruction on a huge scale, essential for the support of life (as we know it) and infinitely flexible. One could say similar things for water of course, but being a pilot rather than a sailor, I didn't want to swell the fish-heads' sense of importance. :D

Well I went for water as I am a fish-head! :D

Plus I can swim but I can't fly. That by itself tells me we aren't suppose to be up there. Damn unnatural things, pilots... ;)

Winters_Sorrow said:
Well I went for water as I am a fish-head! :D

Plus I can swim but I can't fly. That by itself tells me we aren't suppose to be up there. Damn unnatural things, pilots... ;)

Figures!

You need to flap your arms faster, WS ... and drink less beer! (Or a lot more ... but then you need to watch out for the landings - they can creep up on you when you're not looking after a few too many.)

Awww, I love time manipulation. ergo, earth!
Although I've always loved the earth elemental/earth based spells in D&D :)

speaking of which is time still linked to earht cos i know that in the book they tied it to earht so that only they could use it but did he turn it back?

Ps:im glad to see this topic taking off, not like my last, darkweaver movie thread which has died

charles said:
speaking of which is time still linked to earht cos i know that in the book they tied it to earht so that only they could use it but did he turn it back?

Ps:im glad to see this topic taking off, not like my last, darkweaver movie thread which has died

Charles, you've struck on a subject that many people have an interest in - this is bound to get more response. I'm sure that there would be more interest in a Darkweaver movie thread if there were a realistic chance of it happening in the near future. Sadly, I doubt there is much chance of this happening for a very long time, if ever.

To answer your question, time is still linked to the Earth element at the end of the Darkweaver Legacy. The Warders expended a lot of energy in that spell. With no reason to undo what they had achieved, they have left it well alone. :)

i can forsee some nasty problems coming up in the future, i mean what if you needed (for some good reason like the magic school) needed to cast a very important time spell, you would spend months running around trying to find the keeper to undo the spell.

o well your comment on air is very true, air magic makes sense, as for fire, well where did all that fire come from!, some things just dont make any sense, that goes for reall life as well. i suupose the multiple universe interaction theory covers most things

Had to go with fire. I was always a huge fan of the human torch and, of course, the "heat miser" from the childrens Christmas special. ;)

Sing it with me:
Im Mr. Green Christmas, Im Mr. Sun.
Im Mr. Heat Blister, Im Mr. 101.
They call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch
starts to melt in my clutch!
Im too much!

Man, Im old.

Last edited:
im a red head. and it has to be fire. the unpredictability of it and the speed at which it can change from gental to dangrous to gental again.

Welcome to the Chronics Red Dragon, you fiery redhead you! Hope you enjoy being here.

So I mix a little earth with some water, set it on a flame, which I blow on to keep alive and, voila - mud pie! Anyone want a slice?

As you have probably just realised - I haven't made my mind up yet.

considering we just had bonfire night and they let me light all the firworks and the bonfire...my Fire tendancies have come to the fore once again!!

whats really fun (dont try this at home kids) is when every one has gone home, chuck all the duds on the bonfire and run....it makes a really good loud bang!! {grin}

Strange: I would have thought I'd vote for water (having been an avid swimmer) or air (given my brother's difficulties breathing) or even fire (mesmerized by flickering flames in the hearth), but my instinct was to vote for earth. So I followed my instinct.

Earth.

Perhaps I need stability at this point in my life, to be grounded, standing on something solid. Gravity-bound, rock-steady. With an earthquake lurking beneath the surface. A dam that holds back the water. For now.

er... sister?

Yes, Joel, I'm female. :)

(I will admit to you, a fellow Browncoat, that I feel a twinge of disloyality in choosing earth over the black. "Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me . . . ")