The Fall of Kings

drosdelnoch

Sorry its taken so long to turn up to add this :

Transworld are delighted to announce that David Gemmell’s wife, Stella, is going to complete FALL OF KINGS, the final novel in the Troy trilogy.

David delivered 70,000 words of FALL OF KINGS to his editor the day before he went into hospital, taking the story up to the final siege. He had discussed the storyline with Stella who has been deeply involved with the research and creation of the trilogy since its inception in 2003. He left behind him a chapter by chapter plan as to how each character should develop and how he saw the final novel ending.

David’s editor at Transworld, Selina Walker, says she’s in no doubt that there is no better person than Stella, a former journalist herself, to conclude this magnificent trilogy of novels in the way David would have wanted.

This is bittersweet news.
I'm delighted that his fans will be able to see the end of this series in the way DG would have wanted but it just underlines that we won't be seeing anymore from the great man.
I hope Stella manages to pull it off. Hopefully the Transworld editors will "know" DGs writing style and offer pointers (if needed) to Stella to help her along.

Nice. I was Worried about that, but I guess this will be a nice rounding to his works. Finally a good news after his untimely demise. Although i would (we all would) like that his death happend in about 40 years. but not now.

This is good news, and I agree with izzy667 that this will be a good way to round off his work. Im confident that Stella will do a great job.

I'm going to buy it, but not read it. I always want there to be one DG that i haven't read.

now i like that wild but like there is in another thread here the book that didnt get released "Lost Crown" how about using that as the one you never read? but do like the sentiment.

i think for me, however, it will be an accomplishment to have read everything written by a man i revere as one of the best fantasy writers ever.

I'm with you Allanon it would be better to have read them all. I think it maybe just one book I won't read and that will be White Knight Black Swan only because of the rarity of it

I know *hugs books*., but I want own at least one copy of each - except lost Crown as it wasn't published..... Just having one DG on my shelf and knowing that there will always be one sitting there that I haven't read gives me a nice feeling.

He was the most amazing writer and the thought of having no more of his books to read is like getting a fist in the gut.

I still have the second book in this trilogy to read. I was so excited when it came out, but then I got scared that there would not be a book 3 and just keep it sitting on the shelf. Now, I am not sure why, but I still haven't brought myself to read it...

On the note of having Gemmell to read.... I have to read most of his books yet. I really like him, but I discovered him late. So, now I get to go back and read all the books by him.