Susan Cooper Bibliography

Alia

Young at Heart
Susan Cooper has been writing for over 30 years. In this time she has written numerous newspaper articles, books for children and adults, screenplays for TV, the cinema and a Broadway play. As a writer she is hard to classify, what is universally accepted is that she is a writer with extraordinary gifts.
Extraordinary gifts, indeed... what an author!

Susan Cooper's Bibliography:
OVER SEA, UNDER STONE
first published 1965

THE DARK IS RISING
first published 1973

GREENWITCH
first published 1974

THE GREY KING
first published 1975

SILVER ON THE TREE
first published 1977

THE DARK IS RISING SEQUENCE
DAWN OF FEAR
first published 1970

SEAWARD
first published 1983

THE BOGGART
first published 1993

THE BOGGART AND THE MONSTER
first published 1997

KING OF SHADOWS
first published 1998

GREEN BOY
first published 2002

Picture Books:
JETHRO AND THE JUMBIE
first published 1979

THE SILVER COW
first published 1983

THE SELKIE GIRL
first published 1986

TAM LIN
first published 1991

MATTHEW'S DRAGON
first published 1991

DANNY AND THE KINGS
first published 1993

FROG
first published 2002

Other Books:
Dreams and Wishes
first published 1996

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE (Contributor - Muffin)
first published 1996

911 - A BOOK OF HELP (Contributor)
first published 2002

MANDRAKE
first published 1964

BEHIND THE GOLDEN CURTAIN
first published 1965

J B PRIESTLEY - PORTRAIT OF AN AUTHOR
first published 1970

http://www.thelostland.com/scwales.htm

I've only read her Dark is Rising series. I thought it was great, probably the best YA books I have read.

Apparently there is a movie in production:
Based on the acclaimed novel by Susan Cooper, THE DARK IS RISING is the first film adaptation of the author's acclaimed The Dark Is Rising Sequence. The film tells the story of Will Stanton, a young man who learns he is the last of a group of warriors who have dedicated their lives to fighting the forces of the Dark. Traveling back and forth through time, Will discovers a series of clues which lead him into a showdown with forces of unimaginable power. With the Dark once again rising, the future of the world rests in Will's hands.

I think it's due out in October of this year. It'll be interesting to see what they did with it.

Eee do you know, I've read The Dark is Rising Seqence aaaaages ago (still have it though) and I can't remember how I found it or acquired it. And I can't remember much of what happens in it. THEREfore, methinks I shall have to reread it :) I remember I really enjoyed the books, though, and I can't wait to see the film when it's out :)

I loved the Dark is Rising. I had nightmares about the cover of the book I had... this is probably a little small.

dark%20is%20rising.jpg

Hello! First post here at these forums. Hurrah! Other Susan Cooper fans!

Harry reports on THE DARK IS RISING in Bucharest!!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

is a link to reports on the upcoming movie. I have to say, I'm not impressed and I won't be going to see it. They've made some fairly major changes to the plot and I think the atmosphere of the books will be entirely lacking. Too bad...the whole series is superbly creepy (the Mari Llwyd in the Grey King, anyone?).

Even worse, people who have never read the books won't want to read it if the film is a dud.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all!