I need some help from someone, please...

laditricsie

Ok,
I know this is going to sound out of whack but I have been trying to find the title of a book that I read several (make that quite a few) years ago for a student at the school where I sub. I remember it as being quite interesting and if I remember correctly could've been 1 of a series of 4 books. Anyway, this student hates reading but enjoys fan fic so I was coming up with ones that I liked. The story was about 4 girls (possibly elven) who were each able to control a different element. I remember something about an island and the picture on the cover had 4 smaller inset pics of each of the girls (the fire girl of course had long, red, curly hair). I know this is probably impossible but if anyone thinks they may know the title of this book could you help me out?

Any further information?
e.g.
What was the story about?
Any place names or signficant events which took place?
Was it targetted at adults, teens or younger?

So far it sounds like the Captain Planet TV series.... :D

I think I know what books you are talking about but I can't remember the name of the series... if it is the books I am thinking about they came out in the early 1990s. The series name was like the Isle of :confused: . I can picture the cover in my head but I can't remember the titles. Sorry!

Carrie,
You are close! I remember "Isle of ...," too! I remember that one of the girls had short dark hair and was working as a healer type apprentice. God, this is so frustrating! I thought it might have been earlier than that though...maybe a reprint in the 90's?