10.04 : Insiders

Re: 10:04 - Insiders

I did see this episode - it was one of the first I'd seen in a while, b/c I don't like Ben Browder, or his character, and this episode was just one more piece of evidence.

This episode was BORING. Cliff Simon is fabulous and very pretty and I think he was at Gatecon, but I don't remember (there were a LOT of actors there in 2005) - but really, his purty face wasn't nearly enough to make this overly-predictable episode any better.

This was definitely one of those 'bottle' shows that they make to save money, using only the SGC sets and a limited numbers of extras. I didn't think it was too bad, but there were far too many "Ba'al"/"Ball" jokes. I liked the "Spartacus" joke that Mitchell threw away though.

Nothing was advanced in this episode, if Ba'al was wrong about the whereabouts of the "Weapon" (which seems likely after the info given last week.) There is a strong possibility that Barrett was brainwashed, but that was all.

Why did the guard let Barrett into the locked room? Was he brainwashed too? I hope he gets court-marshalled for the chaos he caused.

Even worse was that I had the whole thing figured out about 10 minutes in (including commercials).

This episode actually felt like it was written for Jack O'Neill and not Mitchell. The jokes were delivered badly and the story was lame.

Oh - and Carter was just plain stupid in this episode. Uncharacteristically stupid, but stupid none-the-less. I don't remember what she did, but I remember it was the most blatantly obvious thing to come up with, given what the SGC's been through. Or maybe it was that she should've realized WAY earlier what was going on w/ the clones. Something - I just remember being disappointed that the entirety of the SGC had gone idiot for an entire episode. :(

I think that most of us spotted the general outcome pretty quick into the episode.
I agree with Dave that there were so many holes in the arguments and too many cheap jokes which weren't even that funny - however, it'll probably be the only time you see Carter grabbed by the Baals!(one lame joke I feel they left out - I apologise:eek: )
It could have been better, but I think they make up for this episode by being laugh out loud funny in '200'.

True -

And I sat down to watch this one, thinking it was the airdate for the 200th ep and was thinking 'wow, if this is the 200th ep - I quit right now' -

Thankfully it wasn't the 200th and I could give SG-1 a LITTLE more credit. Mostly, I was just bored watching this ep and that really hadn't happened during SG-1 before - not for me.

The episode was fine but really this was a good time to wrap up this storyline once and for all. Some of the Ba'al puns and innuendo gags were funny, and Vala fitted in nicely as an SG1 member, but it did get all a bit silly with so many clones in the base at the same time.

Back