10.02 : Morpheus

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Morpheus

The team goes off-world seeking a weapon against the Ori and ends up in serious trouble. Meanwhile, Landry is faced with having to decide whether or not Vala can be trusted to remain at the SGC.

The search for the Ori weapon is going to be dragged out over several galaxies and many episodes by the looks of it.

The Vala plot with the psychiatrist and his tests, and the final bit with Robert Picardo were cute, but there wasn't much more.

Daniel's speech to Landry; "Gen Hammond once had to take a risk...", I saw coming a mile away.

I agree with you Dave, I saw Daniel's speech a mile off. I knew the outcome as soon as he opened his mouth.

I think this was one of those filler episodes, where not much happens in terms of plot, although they have given a start to a story arc within the Holy Grail theme. Pity that the end seemed a little rushed after the rest of the episode moving so slowly.

This episode must also have the most direct Monty Python reference in it!
'Mitchell: Isn't he one of the knights who says "Ni!"?'
Probably the funniest bit for me. The bit in the gateroom with Vala, Landry and Woolsey would probably have been funnier if I hadn't seen it coming.

Also noticed that the actor who played Malachi in Window of Opportunity cropping up as Dr. Rhymer.

Definitely not the best episode of SG-1 I've ever seen, but good nonetheless. Personally, I think with this particular story-line the episode would have been a complete failure were it not for the sweet relief that is Vala. Claudia Black is brilliant, especially the whole lie-detecter thing, then with the sexual accusations against Woolsey. Priceless!