Highlander: Vengeance (2007)

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
I'm pulling this straight from imdb.com ->

An anime continuation of the HIGHLANDER saga, following immortal Colin MacLeod's quest for revenge in the future.

The lone warrior Colin travels with the wise-cracking ghost Amergan through the ages searching for the immortal despot Marcus Octavius, who killed his lover on the Celtic plains tens of centuries ago. On his quest, he discovers New York is submerged, and one dominant monolith fortress towers over the seas. Colin can save the survivors, but his sword only hungers for the blood of one man. Despite many lifetimes of training, Colin has failed to vanquish Marcus on the great battlefields of history. Can he finish what he started and stop Marcus? Will Colin lead the people to freedom or become consumed by hate? There can be only one.

Should we be afraid? Or should we just wait and see if they actually make it? HL:5 has been 'in the works' for about 5 years now.

Though - anime might have a better chance of succes than more Adrian Paul. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but somewhere in there Duncan got all kinds of twisted up.

I think the franchise still has legs. I'm not sure how it will do in anime form. Is this an adult-oriented project, or watered-down for the kiddies?

Animated?

That means no sexy sword wielding Lambert?

How sad is that?

If they make one, Ill still watch it.

sounds like a feature length continuation of the animated series. It's hero was Colin, wasn't it?

Nah - the hero in the animated series was Quentin, IIRC.

I don't think I ever saw more than 1 ep of the animated series.

I'll poke around and see if I can find some more info on this one.

I'm lax in my looking - but this released in July.

I found a copy at B&N - it's not horrible, but it's not beautiful either.

One caveat - it beats the pants off HL:V!