What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

Then you can reach out to them and complain. You're paying. If you were pirating, like I do, you could just look for another fansub...
CR usually works just fine, & that one episode out of the thousands I have watched is an exception. More likely is the buffering problem. I gave-up trying to watch a ONE PIECE movie last night, because after over an hour, during which it played fine, it began the buffering symbol very frequently, & I decided to finish it today, but not late at night.

SPY x FAMILY is a new series or serial, 04/30 they just put ep 4 on CR, & I zipped through 1 -3.

So, this guy who is a spy, or rather what I would call an operative is assigned a certain mission, in which he must have a wife & child to fit the mold he is to occupy. He adopts a little girl who, unknown to anyone else, is a mind reader, and the woman he chooses for the role of wife & mother, is an assassin! Only the child knows the truth about her 'parents,' mama thinks papa is a psychiatrist, papa thinks mama is a civil servant.

Hurry up & make more of these!

SPY x FAMILY is a new series or serial, 04/30 they just put ep 4 on CR, & I zipped through 1 -3.

So, this guy who is a spy, or rather what I would call an operative is assigned a certain mission, in which he must have a wife & child to fit the mold he is to occupy. He adopts a little girl who, unknown to anyone else, is a mind reader, and the woman he chooses for the role of wife & mother, is an assassin! Only the child knows the truth about her 'parents,' mama thinks papa is a psychiatrist, papa thinks mama is a civil servant.

Hurry up & make more of these!
This one is a serious contender for anime of the year, and maybe of the decade. Only a few can stand to it, like Chainsaw Man, which is coming out later this year.

Just finished Ousama Ranking. What a masterpiece! Genius worldbuilding. Genius coming-of-age story. The manga is still ongoing so fingers crossed for a second season.

Just started watching A Couple of Cuckoos. Babies raised by one another's families, until they realize the mistake. Parents want them to marry, but the boy already has his sights on another girl. So, the boy envies the girl, who was raised by his wealthy parents, etc.

Pretty funny!

Vampire in the Garden. New Netflix original. Unlike the original movies and shows, Netflix anime are mostly worth the watch. This one is no exception... at least for the first episode.

It has one of the best first episodes of recent anime. It establishes theme, plot, character, and it hooks you to watch the next one (I know that, unlike TV anime, they had 30 full minutes for that, but still).

I hope it doesn't jump the shark.

I heard of it, & might just start anime early tonight. Stared a NF CYBORG 009 series last night; looks good! I had one such DVD from NF, but could find no trace of the series when I looked for disc #2. Totally different series, though.

I heard of it, & might just start anime early tonight. Stared a NF CYBORG 009 series last night; looks good! I had one such DVD from NF, but could find no trace of the series when I looked for disc #2. Totally different series, though.
I finished Vampire in the Garden and I do not recommend it!

I hated the main characters and their (lack of) reasons to run away from their previous lives. It just wasn't convincing: a lot of whining and moaning but no logical reasons. Also, the romance is a lie: the vampire sees someone else when she looks at the protagonist. The only good thing about it is its worldbuilding... at first glance only because, if you reflect about it, you'll realize it's flawed and derivative.

They never really reach the paradise... except for the post-credit scene. Yeah, that's right, they skip everything and say that the protagonist built her own Eden. They just never showed us how.

Better watch Love, Death & Robots V3, that just came out.

I watched e 1 & 2 last night, & intend to finish the series. As much as I prefer comedy, I do like drama occasionally. Thanks for the warning,

alexvss.​

Star Wars Visions Season 2 just announced:
1653920509793.png

O.k., I finished VAMPIRE IN THE GARDEN, & thought I would have been better-off never having started it. I much prefer comedy, or, at least lighthearted things. Still, it was not as bad as GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES! :cry:

CYBORG 009, CALL OF JUSTICE on NF. I was about to cancel the streaming service, as I rarely use it, lately. Anyway, appears to be CGI; a bunch a villains are forcing human evolution upon certain others, and want the Cyborgs out of the way. I know I butchered that synopsis, but, tough.

The teaser trailer for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, based on the videogame Cyberpunk 2077, came out yesterday:

Pretty hyped for this. The production is by studio Trigger (formerly known as Gainax), responsible for classics like Evangelion, Kill La Kill and, more recently, a segment for Disney's Star Wars: Visions. They make peak edgy anime. I'm wondering about the subtitle, Edgerunners. That seems to be a reference to Bladerunner, plus an indication that the anime will be edgy? :unsure:

Just finished s1 & 2 of THE LOWER DECKS. Enjoyed the references to TOS, but as I had watched only a few of the NEXT GENERATION & none of the others, I might have enjoyed it more if I had watched more of the others.

I just watched series 2 of Lower Decks. It was entertaining, but not great tv.

BASTA*D!!
After two entities--one that came from light, the other from the dark--fought, destroying continentes and killing billions, the world became a dark fantasy world, with monsters and magic and such. Four hundred years later, while being attacked by another country, the daughter of a High Priest awakens a powerful wizard sealed by her father in her brother’s body. Everytime she kisses her brother, he turns into that wizard. That’s pretty much the first episode.

It’s great if you turn off your brain, and if you don’t mind the edginess--which I don’t! It’s fun as hell, and I liked the twist on worldbuilding: the modern world regressed to a medieval age. I haven’t seen that much often, only in comics.

PS: Yeah, that's really the title.

Made in Abyss S2. The masterpiece is back. I always talk about the worldbuilding of this anime because it delves into (pun!) how society would change. It’s a city built around a huge pit, and everything depends on it, even the way children sit at school (their chairs are attached to the wall).

This is definitely not for kids. It’s just as brutal as the first season.

Uncle from another world. The uncle of the protagonist wakes up from a comma 17 years after being run over by a truck, and he claims to have been living in a parallel fantasy world all these years--and indeed he had! He comes back with all his powers from that other world, and the nephew uses this as a source of income (with YouTube nonetheless). The world has changed a lot, so he struggles to understand new technology and to accept that SEGA doesn't make consoles anymore.

It's genuinely fun. I really liked the OP--made with pixel-art--and the references to pop culture.

This one has a lot of potential!

Call of the Night. A boy struggling with teenhood gives up on school and starts wandering the streets at night. He then meets a female vampire that shows him how great the night can be. Oh, and she bits him. But that doesn't make him a vampire--you need to fall in love with the vampire for that, and that's what they're going to do.

The season has just begun and I already dare to say that this may be the very best (well, considering the first episode alone). This is a work of art. The color palette is beautiful; every frame is a painting. It's an amazing upgrade considering that this same studio made Berserk 2016.