What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

Finally! New episodes of several animion that I enjoy.

CASTLEVANIA s4 Why are they trying to revive Dracula? Seems like a bad idea.

PARADISE P.D. is just gross. Earlier seasons were gross, but also funny. I guess it just got old.

Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun s2 is on. Poor kid, his parents sold him to a demon. Fortunately, that demon wanted the boy as a grandson.

My Hero Academia Season 5

I have about a dozen CR tabs that open with this one particular browser.

Hooray for CR!

Finally! New episodes of several animion that I enjoy.

CASTLEVANIA s4 Why are they trying to revive Dracula? Seems like a bad idea.

PARADISE P.D. is just gross. Earlier seasons were gross, but also funny. I guess it just got old.

Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun s2 is on. Poor kid, his parents sold him to a demon. Fortunately, that demon wanted the boy as a grandson.

My Hero Academia Season 5

I have about a dozen CR tabs that open with this one particular browser.

Hooray for CR!
This season of MHA is gettin on my nerves. I hate training arcs. It feels like a gold-digging filler!

I just started Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. I saw a video about how realistic this Isekai is and, boy, am I liking it!

I'd be interested to know what you think of the whole series.
It's definitely a new take on the Isekai genre. It's actually a tale about grieve and coming to terms with the death of a loved one, disguised as an Isekai anime. The characters are not overpowered like in most anime. They're just kids with weapons and some simple magic tricks, and they have to kill monsters to get paid and survive.

The pacing is slow, and that may be a little frustrating for a lot of people. I researched and found a video saying that Grimgar adapted the whole of the light novel's first two volumes, whereas most isekai adaptations skip many parts. That's why we have 5-minute scenes of bathing, camping, drinking in taverns etc. It takes them two episodes to kill the first goblin. Personally, I liked those scenes because it made the death of a main character more emotional.

I wish there were more seasons--I don't read light novels--, but I don't think they have the will to do it.

They're just kids with weapons and some simple magic tricks, and they have to kill monsters to get paid and survive.

The pacing is slow, and that may be a little frustrating for a lot of people.

Yes, you highlighted the best and worst thing about it for me. The fights were realistic and dangerous, and reminded me of face-to-face roleplaying with beginning characters, but most of the stuff in-between felt too weak to me. And I thought the female characters and how they were handled was mostly terrible (but fairly typical for anime). I liked the demon thing in the last episode, though (if I'm remembering it right).

Yes, you highlighted the best and worst thing about it for me. The fights were realistic and dangerous, and reminded me of face-to-face roleplaying with beginning characters, but most of the stuff in-between felt too weak to me. And I thought the female characters and how they were handled was mostly terrible (but fairly typical for anime). I liked the demon thing in the last episode, though (if I'm remembering it right).
The "demon king" is, in fact, a very strong kobold, called "Death Spots" in the anime and "DeathPatch" in the novel. I don't think he's their king.

By "demon thing" I meant the sprite (or whatever) the least pleasant male character can summon. (It's been a while since I watched it.)

I'm homebound for the past couple of days so I'm rewatching The Chimera Ant Arc of Hunter x Hunter until my eyes got swollen shut. (No worries, I only got hives and swollen face, an allergic reaction to something that I have eaten or in contact with--not really sure what it was-- but it's not that really life threatening but darn headaches.)

Looking forward to Trese on Netflix, an upcoming Singaporean anime-influenced streaming television series based on the Filipino komik series in the next couple of days :)

Thought I'd make a thread about what shows you are currently watching. So that others could chat about it.
Some of the shows I am currently watching are..
  • Ah my goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa
  • Black Lagoon
  • Bleach < damn flash back scenes
  • Chevalier < just started.. could be good, could be crap
  • Coyote Ragtime Show
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Eureka Seven
  • Ghost in the Shell: Second season
  • Inukami!
  • Keroro Gunso < Lets invade earth! but first I need to finish building some more gudam models.
  • Kiba
  • Muteki Kanban Musume
  • Naruto < no gap fillers please
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • School Rumble: Second Term
  • Strawberry Panic! < Yuri ftw
  • The Third < I wish the narrator would just shut up.
  • Tsubasa Chronicles: Seacond season
  • Utawarerumono < must watch!
  • Zegapain
  • Zero no Tsukaima
My current shows are Hunter X Hunter, Black Butler, Ouran Host Club, and I'm planning on starting Castlevania.
I really like Hunter X Hunter, but be warned it's an emotional roller coaster, it's slowly turned into one of my favorites though.
The first season of Black Butler is really good! But during the second season I was really confused and wasn't as invested, still loved the new characters though.
Ouran Host Club is a must in the anime world, if you have not seen it you've not seen good anime lol, it's one of my personal favorites and I love rewatching it from time to time.
I've heard great things about Castlevania so I hope to start it soon!

I tried to watch Castlevania, but within minutes was yelling at the screen "Who lights all the thousands of candles in the unfeasibly enormous castle entrance hall?!!" I guess I'm not the audience it was made for.

I'm currently watching:
·HunterXHunter- I've been taking a break from it for a while because it was making me a little stressed lol, but I love it and need to get back into it
·MHA Season 5- i think it's wonderful but I'm also a little biased towards it because it's the second anime i ever really got into (first being OHHC)
·Sailor Moon- Plot is pretty simple and episodes can be repetitive, especially in the first season, but it's great to watch in the background
·Black Clover- The relationship between 2 of the main characters is very sasuke vs Naruto, but it's very different than Naruto. The characters and plots are very interesting and it's a bit of an addicting show

I've watched more, those are just the ones I'm working on rn. I also will probably start The Promised Neverland season 2 very soon as the first season was incredible, in my opinion. I just want to rewatch the first season.

Just finished If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord; & I really dislike CR's new GUI! I ripped through this, thinking there were 2 12 ep seasons, but found Dubbed s1 instead.

Started Re: Zero, & after 3 episodes, I still have only a vague idea of what is going on. Again, CR's new Gui annoyed me, as when I clicked the 'bookmark' in CR's list or whatever they call it, the dubbed came up, & I (guess I am stupid) found it a hassle to find the subbed episodes. dubbed, then click next season, subbed, & I was really wanting to know just how many episodes there actually are--

HULU does not work with my NORTON VPN, & it alone, seems to be so afflicted. I am thinking of quitting it.

After about 18(?) years I'm rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion, a show so old it's in 4:3 and was set in "far future" 2015. Part of my reason for rewatching it was to then go on to the alternative endings, after seeing a YouTube commentary on them. The original series is better so far (half way) than I remembered, probably partly because it's digital rather than ropy old VHS, and in Japanese rather than the American dub. It's also mercifully free of many of the anime "tics" that seem to have come to infest the genre since, and the art direction is pretty inventive. However, the portrayal of certain female characters certainly seems a little, uhm, unreconstructed.

Just watched the last episode of To Your Eternity. The best anime of the year so far. They announced a second season planned for Fall 2022.

Finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and watched the follow-up End of Evangelion. Though not successful in every respect (what even are the angels, and why?) I'm impressed with the characterisation and its exploration of the psychological themes, and it's made me think about how we interact with others and the world. Given the triteness of most anime, I'd say it's a very brave and interesting (if overlong) piece of work.

(what even are the angels, and why?)
Maybe the newer films provide an answer to that (I haven't watched them yet). Or maybe not. Maybe it's just soft magic, vaguely based on Christian themes, used to pass the messages on deppresion and trauma and loneliness. If that's the case, we don't need an answer. It's just cool.

Just came back to Youjo Senki, a.k.a Saga of Tanya the Evil, after some years. A second season has been announced, and I haven't watched the movie yet.

A salaryman--a Japanese man that dedicates his life to work--falls on the subway rails and is transported--by God--to another world. It's different to other Isekai, because the other world, instead of being medieval, is a different version of World War I (with magic!), and I've mentioned on another thread how much I love this trope. Now, this salaryman is revived as the title character: a little girl who's a lieautenant for the Imperial Army (Germany, basically).

Because...you know, anime.

The worldbuilding is basically WW1 with changed names, but I like the magic system. There's a fine line between magic and technology here. The "mages" fly, pretty much like Strike Witches, and fire enchanted bullets.

The MC is also dope. He's evil like that because Japanese work culture made him like that. As a little rascal, who's (for Anime reasons) a mage Army Officer, he'll unleash all the evil inside him. As silly as this anime may be, it's still a huge criticism.

2a-temporada-de-Youjo-Senki-5.jpg

Sgt. Frog is funny, just started it. From its opening theme, I thought it was for very young kids, but content suggests otherwise.

I haven't yet seen any real anime, but I watched Altered Carbon: Resleeved over the weekend and was pretty impressed. I'd definitely watch more Anime set within the Altered Carbon setting if they were made.