What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

I've been watching Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers on Disney+. I would often watch it when I was younger and was pleased to find they had it.

I just started watching So I'm a Spider, So What? In which a High school girl suddenly realizes she has just been reincarnated as a newly hatched spider. As though that were not enough, she also realizes spiders are cannibals! :ROFLMAO: At this time, a mere 5 episodes are available, so I will go slow with this one.

Dr. Stone has started its new season, & I have also started that anew.

One Piece is still going, & I just learned that Black Clover will soon conclude!

I'm sorry that Sword-art-online is over for now. Black Clover to conclude? The show just picked back up again on Toonami, so maybe the last??

MAYBE THERE WILL BE sequels.

Watching RANMA again; also ULTRAMAN GAIA.

Wakfu, which I've just discovered on Netflix and which (the search function tells me) has never before been mentioned on this site, despite being around since 2008!

It's a charming, cute, French fantasy, very pretty and with a lot of imagination thrown at it (plus some cliches), a decent sense of humour and a good pace. Just what I need right now. I prefer it to almost any anime series I've sampled recently.

Wakfu, which I've just discovered on Netflix and which (the search function tells me) has never before been mentioned on this site, despite being around since 2008!

It's a charming, cute, French fantasy, very pretty and with a lot of imagination thrown at it (plus some cliches), a decent sense of humour and a good pace. Just what I need right now. I prefer it to almost any anime series I've sampled recently.

Not only is it a French production, but its also based off an MMO Game of the same name, though one I've never really looked into beyond knowing that it has an animation

its also based off an MMO Game of the same name

That's weird, because the intro makes it look like it's based on a platformer.

Anyway, after five episodes it got a bit samey and there didn't seem to be many long-term storylines developing, so it looks like one for the occasional episode rather than bingeing.

Anyway, after five episodes it got a bit samey and there didn't seem to be many long-term storylines developing, so it looks like one for the occasional episode rather than bingeing.

Famous last words ...

I've now finished season 1 (26 eps) of Wakfu, which got less episodic as it went on, and really enjoyed it. It did feel a bit juvenile at times (though it has a 12 age rating, which I can't for the life of me understand) but it was great fun, beautifully animated, and I even shed a couple of tears. It also had/has (I'm not sure if he returns in S2/3) a villain with unusual and sympathetic motives. The dub is also way above average, though the original French is better (but then, when doesn't French sound better than English?)

Now watched S2 and S3 of Wakfu. Neither as good as S1. S2 has its moments, but large parts feel like filler, the villain isn't as interesting as in S1, and the climax is weak. S3 is a bit of a return to form, but annoyingly, follows on from three "special episodes" that are on Netflix but which I didn't know about at the time, as they weren't included in the normal running order. (I'm now watching them out of order.)

Among a lot of other stuff in the April season, I'm very excited for the new adaptation of Shaman King. The first anime, although entirely filler, is a part of my childhood.

Just started That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Similar to So I'm a Spider, So What? because both involve humans reincarnated as creatures, both have game-like statistics, health, weapons, etc. Both are comedic.

Just started That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Similar to So I'm a Spider, So What? because both involve humans reincarnated as creatures, both have game-like statistics, health, weapons, etc. Both are comedic.
I very much enjoyed the first season, but I dropped halfway through the second season. It got tired.

Among a lot of other stuff in the April season, I'm very excited for the new adaptation of Shaman King. The first anime, although entirely filler, is a part of my childhood.

I was very disappointed with the manga. I was a big fan but after the 18th book, it's just pure stupid. I have never watched the anime though but if they rework the ending then it could be fine.

I was very disappointed with the manga. I was a big fan but after the 18th book, it's just pure stupid. I have never watched the anime though but if they rework the ending then it could be fine.
I don't think they'll do that. I think they'll just copy the manga this time. The new adaptation would be pointless otherwise.

I watched the first episode yesterday btw, and some things struck me. Firstly, I think that the drawing style is a little outdated. Some people are too short; others have weirdly elongated limbs. And the voice acting sounds weird to me, for I had watched the first adaptation in Portuguese as a kid.