What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

Call me an old school mecha-head, but I'm eagerly awaiting the blu-ray release of Mobile Suit Gundam next month.

Just finished the last seasons of "Sons Of Anarchy" & "Broadwalk Empire".
Then watched season 3 of "Major Crimes" the spinoff to "The Closer".
Finely "Fargo" season 1.
All very good, well worth watching!!!!!!

Have just finished watching "Game Of Thrones: Season 5"
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I've now got to wait for season 6!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable.

and

Ace Attorney.

There just is not a lot that I'm interested in this season.

I just finished HE IS MY MASTER via Amazon streaming; ordered CAT PLANET CUTIES, which features Muttley, though this one might be a robot. :ROFLMAO: On CRUNCHYROLL, I am watching BEELZEBUB, which is about a juvenile delinquent who ends up raising Satan's son. On NF, currently watching THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS, a fantasy Elves, fairies, etc., story.

There just is not a lot that I'm interested in this season.

Really? There are so many shows I'm enjoying from this season. Perhaps because I enjoy a wide variety of anime genres. Here's my Spring anime watchlist:

And You Thought there was Never a Girl Online? (short name: Netoge)- Streaming on Funimation. A cute romance comedy about a group of people who play an online RPG together and discover they all go to the same high school. The main character, Rusian in the game, has been "married" in the game to the group's terrible healer, Ako, and it soon becomes apparent that Ako isn't really able to distinguish reality from the game. She considers them married in real life too.

Bakuon!!- Streaming on Crunchyroll. A hilarious comedy about a group of high school girls who love to ride motorcycles.

Bungou Stray Dogs- Streaming on Crunchyroll. Takes place in an alternate universe of the city of Yokohama where there are people who are "gifted" with strange and very specific superpowers. Each of the gifted characters is based on a Japanese Literary Master. This show has led me to learn a lot about Japanese literature and discover some real gems, such as Dazai Osamu's book of Fairy Tales.

Flying Witch- Streaming on Crunchyroll. A simple, low-drama, relaxing show about a teenage witch who leaves home as part of her training and goes to live withfamily in the country.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress- Streaming on Amazon Prime. Basically a reimagining of the hit series Attack on Titan (from the studio that produces the anime) set in a steampunk style Japan that has been almost entirely overrun by nearly invincible zombie-like creatures called Kabane. However, it manages to not feel like a knockoff due to amazingly beautiful art and animation and a diverse group of interesting characters at its core.

Kumamiko: Girl Meets Bear- Streaming on Funimation. This is an absolutely adorable and charming comedy about life in an extremely rural mountain village where bears are considered sacred and some of them can even talk. Natsu, one such talking bear, and Machi, a shrine maiden, have lived together and grown up together for years. But now Machi wants to go to high school in the city, despite being horribly unprepared for it.

Re: Zero- Starting Life in Another World- Streaming on Crunchyroll. A teenage NEET gets mysteriously transported to a fantasy world with a special power. Everytime he dies his life is reset back to a point where he can try to alter the events that lead to his death. In this way he saves a beautiful half-elf girl named Emilia but as he tries to get closer to her he becomes mixed up in more and more dangerous situations.

RIN-NE season 2- Streaming on Crunchyroll. Second season of the anime adaptation of Rumiko Takahashi's manga about a half-shinigami boy constantly forced to work to pay off his shinigami grandmother and father's debts. Takahashi is the author of Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha and many other classic works. If you like any of her work you'll probably like this. Her sense of humor comes through unmistakably.

Tanaka-kun is always listless- Streaming on Crunchyroll. A cute high school comedy about a boy who really likes to sleep and conserve energy as much as possible. Fortunately he is supported by his responsible friend Ohta, an energetic girl named Miyano who wishes she could be more like Tanaka, and a popular girl/former loner who reinvented herself for HS but fell in love with Tanaka because he saw her true self. A warm, soothing show with pleasant characters.

The Lost Village- Streaming on Crunchyroll. A thriller/horror show about a group of 30 strangers who take a bus tour to a remote secluded village to start their lives over but find that the village is not what they expected. This show also manages to be a dark, absurdist comedy as the characters continue to argue and not take their situation seriously even while people are dying and going missing.

Those are my favorites of the season though I'm keeping up with some more that are currently entertaining enough, but not great:

Big Order
Kiznaiver
Sakamoto desu ga?
Twin Star Exorcists

So, all in all, a GREAT season so far.

Well, I've dropped Big Order. But after catching up on Kiznaiver this weekend it's joined my favorites of the season. Kiznaiver is also streaming on CR and it's about an experiment conducted on a group of teenagers (who represent the 7 Deadly Sins of the Modern Communication Age) to connect them through pain. As in, they can literally feel each others' pain. Some good characterization going on.

I just finished watching boxed set 1 of MAISON IKKOKU, which I had bought via e-Bay. I like the series, though it is not as interesting as INUYASHA or as funny as URUSEI YATSURA or RANMA; all of which were from the one female manga artist, whose name, I forgot.

I just finished watching boxed set 1 of MAISON IKKOKU, which I had bought via e-Bay. I like the series, though it is not as interesting as INUYASHA or as funny as URUSEI YATSURA or RANMA; all of which were from the one female manga artist, whose name, I forgot.

Rumiko Takahashi. The second season of the anime adaptation of her most recent manga, Kyoukai no Rinne, is currently airing.

Have just finished "Fargo: Series 2".
Excellent, as good if not better then the first series, which is saying something!
My only gripe is if you buy this off Amazon it says it's a region 2 DVD.
This is wrong, on the case the little world symbol that tells you the region has a 2 on it.
But printed below are the letters NTSC not PAL which means it's region 1 not 2 as they would have you believe.
Why they have done this I have no idea, but it is very misleading!
You have been warned!!!

Returning Shows I'm currently watching:
Shokugeki no Soma

Although If I was to include the returning shows, Shokogeki no Soma is still wins out. But I'm a chef by trade, so I'm biased.

I just got steered towards this show very recently by a friend. I must admit I was a little concerned after the first episode (tentacles & schoolgirls made an appearance 5 minutes in!) but stuck with it and after about 3-4 episodes I was hooked and speed-watched through the entire first series and as up through the second as I can be.

I'm still not sure exactly what it is about the show which is so engaging, as it's full of tropes and the 'twists' are obvious from miles away.

Alice's mum cracks me up though. I'm trying to learn Japanese and I'm sure that my efforts sound just as badly put together! Ganbatte!

My husband loves to cook and after we watched the most recent episodes of Shokugeki no Soma he decided to make Karaage for the first time yesterday. It was really good!

It does tend to make you hungry while watching it!

Definitely tempted to do the same, it looked so delicious!

That's one of the great things about the show is how the food they are making is real food that you can reproduce. Yuki Morisaki is a Japanese chef who is collaborating with the author to create the manga -- she even published a recipe book based on the manga.

That's a really intriguing piece of trivia thanks! The dishes did look well thought out, though I'm sure they wouldn't be put together quite so easily or well as the show makes out! It's interesting to see so many Western dishes and even some "Italian" chefs present too. A good nod to the much more international flavour (;))which modern chefs have to learn to adopt and incorporate into their food, even when preparing Japanese dishes.

Peter Potamus - A 1960's Hanna Barbera cartoon, featuring the adventures of Peter the Hippo and his monkey buddy, named So-So. Their wacky episodes usually start off with the duo exploring the world in their balloon, and helping who they run into. In the second year of the series, Peter has a Time and Space Machine installed in the balloon, so Peter and So-So could travel anywhere and any time in the universe. For me, this classic cartoon series always entertains me and gets me laughing.

The Amazing World of Gumball - I recently began watching this bizarre (like most now-a-days) animated series. I've gotta say, they appealed to the adult side of me, and the child within me (I've only seen seven episodes). This is one of the rare TV cartoons that I can enjoy without being disgusted by ugly adult humor (like Family Guy & South Park, etc.).

The episode I watched last night was about waiting for pizza to be delivered. Oh my gosh..heh heh. And it ended up becoming like Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome (1985), with a happy ending. I loved it.

It just goes to show you, you don't have to be vulgar, to be entertaining.

Have just finished watching all 6 seasons of "Justified".
Very good plus I thought it ended well.

Peter Potamus - A 1960's Hanna Barbera cartoon, featuring the adventures of Peter the Hippo and his monkey buddy, named So-So. Their wacky episodes usually start off with the duo exploring the world in their balloon, and helping who they run into. In the second year of the series, Peter has a Time and Space Machine installed in the balloon, so Peter and So-So could travel anywhere and any time in the universe. For me, this classic cartoon series always entertains me and gets me laughing.
I recall those old HB shows every time ADULT SWIM runs HARVEY BIRDMAN, ATTY AT LAW. :ROFLMAO: Though I do not remember seeing PP using a time machine.

I recall those old HB shows every time ADULT SWIM runs HARVEY BIRDMAN, ATTY AT LAW. :ROFLMAO: Though I do not remember seeing PP using a time machine.

Hi Jeffbert.

I found a 1960's episode (Romeo & Juliet) for you, unfortunately it's not in English. But it shows his Time Machine at 44 seconds into the cartoon.

Hi Jeffbert.

I found a 1960's episode (Romeo & Juliet) for you, unfortunately it's not in English. But it shows his Time Machine at 44 seconds into the cartoon.

Thanks, Starbeast! There it is, the time dial! Just give it a spin, who cares when we'll go!

:confused::eek:I am not even 2 minutes into the film, & PP has taken a lightning strike and a sharp roof to the tush, & it was on screen, rather than implied. Moreover, Juliet's cleavage!

The HURRICANE HOLLER!

Just finished Blue Exorcist and now on 7 Deadly Sins and liking it!