What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

Mon0Zer0

Supporter
Frames per second?

Also on this thread, I've just re-watched The Thief and the Cobbler, "Recobbled Cut Mark 4" on YouTube. This is an attempt to restore the director Richard Williams's vision for his never-completed 1970s animated film. It has a few pacing issues, but in general is a delight. The surreal destruction of the war machine at the end is hilarious.

Ah, sorry, yes, frames per second. Richard Williams is the absolute don. His book, the animator's survival kit is THE book, so I'm told. I saw one of the recobbled cuts many years ago, but wasn't sure which version it was - a work of technical genius!

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Just started Blade Runner: Black Lotus, and it's exactly what I was expecting: nothing new. It's nothing more than a spin-off that doesn't add much to the franchise; it's not a new world, so there's no sense of wonder. Also, the CGI and the movements really evoke the uncanny valley (maybe even more than the other series discussed here recently).

I'm a sucker for cyberpunk so I'll happily swallow anything you throw at me as long as it has neon lights :whistle: , but I really can't give anything more than a 7, maybe 7.5 out of 10 for this series.
I've watched the first two episodes and I concur. I would add that there is too much reliance on martial arts flash at the expense of story/character development. In Blade Runner you actually care about the characters. This, not so much.

Last edited:

Jeffbert

Watched the full showing of Fena: Pirate Princess, and it would have been very good if: 1) the dialog was not drowned out by the music and: 2) the show did not end like a TV drama. It's anime, you know eye-candy.
The artwork was great, and had the potential for a lot of adventure - which you would take from the title. Basically disappointed, though if there is another season will give it a second chance.
Another show I watch is Black Clover. There may be another anime show on that will watch, but have to resort to my collection of DVDs for Ghost in the Shell and the Loduss Wars.
I have tried going to Cruncyroll, but not paying for it.
Don't get me wrong - I would rather watch anime then most of the regular TV shows on.
I also thought that Fena: Pirate Princess was ended strangely. I liked it rather a lot, until then.

Started watching 88. Though I much prefer comedy, this is good.

therapist

I just watched Wolfwalkers (2020). Thought it was superb. The animation style was different and beautiful. Immediately one of my favourites. Go and watch it. If you're not convinced, this scene gave me chills, small spoiler but less than what the trailer reveals www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmO98-ZWYCc&t

Last edited: