Looking for an episode

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Hi folks. I'm hoping you can help me out here. I'm sure there was a Twilight Zone episode where a guy gets caught in between time and finds a construction crew building the next second of reality. I only saw this once but I loved the idea.

Anybody any idea what it's called (and what season it's from)?

I've had a quick read through the TWZ companion I got with the first series.
It covers all 5 seasons and nothing jumped out as being this story.

Do you have any more clues - is the protagonist male or female, was there a twist ending, was it set in 'current' time (eg 60s) or later?

I should have probably stated this earlier but it wasn't the original series. I remember that the episode was in colour so it was definitely the new series (from the 80s I think).

There was a young couple involved. They wake up and find their home a building site....and I specifically remember a bright blue adjustable spanner.....I was sober when I watched it...honest:)

I wish I could remember the title, but it's been more than 20 years, I think... Yes, it was from the first season of the new Twilight Zone, when Ellison was script supervisor, as I recall -- a wonderful season overall, incidentally. Hope that helps to track it down...

Okay: the episode was titled "A Matter of Minutes", the teleplay was by Rockne S. O'Bannon, based on the story "Yesterday was Monday" (Ted Sturgeon listed as writer on the episode). You can find out all about The New Twilight Zone (which is why you may have had trouble tracking it down on the 'net, as it isn't listed simply under Twilight Zone), but the entire first season is available on DVD. For any information on this season, here's the link (hope this works this time):

http://tzone.the-croc.com/tzonenew.html

Oh, and incidentally, considering the number of his fans on this site, GRRM became the script supervisor once Ellison left due to a conflict with Standards and Practices about an adaptation of a story by Donald Westlake, a Christmas story which was replaced by a remake of "Night of the Meek".

Last edited:
Yes! As soon as I saw the title I knew you were right on the button. Seeing names like Ellison and Sturgeon involved.....no wonder it's quality stuck in my mind. Now I can go bag myself a copy.

Many thanks:)

This is the one I remember from the new series, too. Good stuff.

At the Journey, we've just finished Season 3, and it didn't end on a great note. From our perspective, the show may not come back, and even if it does, we may not continue watching...

Back