Books to Movies --> what should be next?

That's true. Though I would love to see a real steampunk/dark fantasy film. Ah, it's such a pity.
But I suppose I shall just have to be my own director and act it all out in my mind.

Well don't give up hope Hypes, 'cause my ambition is to be a movie director and my one vow is not to mutilate good literature! I've been seriously considering making movies from Mieville's stories, once I've finished all my original ideas. Also I'd love to make Discworld movies, particualrly from the Night Watch series :cool:

Myla, just wanted to say that it's cool to see someone else has read and enjoyed Mieville and MacLeod. Maybe you could check out my reviews of The Light Ages and Perdido Street Station in the Reviews section and hopefully disagree with everything i've said?

Hey! Now I feel ignored.

::waves a poster: "I (heart) Mièville"

::looks forlorn

::shrugs and wanders off, sulking

@Myla
Glad to hear you're up to the task of filmatizing his work. Go acquire the film rights as soon as possible; before people catch on. ;)

Last edited:
When I was searching for a graphic of the Watchmen, I stumbled into something rather surprising: after news broke that the Watchmen movie was undergoing conversion from print to the screen, someone with absolutely too much time on his or her hands decided to do a mock-up movie poster for it. I'm afraid I don't have a credit for it (if it's yours - please tell me!) but some of the character is done rather brilliantly - check out Ozymandias and Dr Manhattan - if the casting and filming is half as good as this lone poster, I could be quite happy indeed. :)

Attachments

• watchmen-movie.jpg
    watchmen-movie.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 305
This looks good - now I have to hurry up and get the comic before they make the movie!

Hypes, your love for Mieville is seen and noted. Good to have another ChinaMan (and a ChinaGirl too) around! :D

::puts away his massive bearded two-handed axe and looks sheepish

Oh, all right then.

I was going to say the Foundation series by Asimov but I just read that they are now in pre-production! I really hope they do them right, I would hate to see these turned into popcorn flicks like I, Robot seems to be.

I think bk one of the Black Jewel series by Anne Biship - Daughter of the Blood. It's a dark, gritty story that isn't afraid to touch on human mystery and the dark nature of magic.

A brilliant book I feel, which, with the right actors, would make a great adventure on the big screen :)

I'd like to see a decent version of Starship Troopers that is closer

to Heinleins book (ie bloody, character inspired warfare) rather than that pathetic peace of rotten cheese they released a few years ago.

The movie wasn't great, but it was just so incredibly smart-alecy and funny in the way it commented on the future society that it won through for me, and the effects were fairly wondrous. Still, I wouldn't be adverse to a better one.

As for me, The Voyage Of The Space Beagle. That would be a very cool movie. Or a version of Tarzan that was both good and faithful to the book.

The Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition (20 Volume Set) :rolleyes:

Pfhh! The Cambridge Dictionary could kick Oxford's aas any day. The prose has such a wonderful definition to it.

Back