The X-Files: I Want To Believe (2008)

FOX_UK

Mulders Mag Collection
:cool: I am lead to believe there will bw another X-file movie in the not too distant future. does anyone have any idea about storylines or characters. Will Mulder be back for another film???

:alienooh: Fox:aliengray

I heard something about "the bounty hunter" already signed for the next movie when it happens

I wish they'd hurry up with the next movie. Its about time. Its been what 3 possibly 4 seasons since the last one.

annette :)

Hopefully there will be another film. Have heard Duchovny will star in it along with Gillian Andserson. :D

annette :)

I hope there is another movie. Doggett and Reyes will probably be in it too.

Second X-Files Movie.

Chris Carter talks about the proposed 2nd Film.

The X-Files creator Chris Carter revealed that the upcoming series finale would provide a good measure of closure to the show's mythology arc, while setting the stage for proposed X-Files movies. "There was a lot of talk about what we needed to put into [the finale], what ground we needed to cover, [and what] answers we needed to answer," Carter said in an interview. "We realize that we can't answer every single thing, because there are too many threads to tie, but some of the bigger answers will take care of the littler questions."

Speaking of the proposed movies--the second of which will likely reach theatres in 2004--Carter said, "The movies are not going to depend on this finale, although there are important things in there. We are always going to be true to the characters, but we really see the movies as taking the best parts of the series--the Mulder [David Duchovny]-Scully [Gillian Anderson] relationship and the X-Files franchise--and doing stand-alone movies that are not dependent on the mythology [and that] are not dependent on the series. They are now their own thing: good, scary stories the way we've been telling them now for nine years, but for the big screen and with a lot of movie stuff in them."

Gillian Anderson is contracted to appear in a second movie.

have also read somewhere about there being a second film and the possibility of David Duchovny appearing in it. Hope it does come true.

annette :D

The way Duchovny's career is going at the moment, it would probably be a good idea for him to be in it! :evil:

A second movie is certainly planned, that is what my original post said. And Gillian Anderson was always contracted to be in it. As you say DD would be stupid not to be in it the way his career has gone -- though I loved 'Evolution' BTW. But, he is not contracted to be in it.

There is a problem, (I don't understand it, maybe someone can explain) but Carter does not own the rights to the 'X-Files', FOX TV does (even though the Carter IS the X-Files) so the decision on a movie is down to those TV executives.

Those evil Fox people - I still can't believe they cancelled Futurama!

I liked Evolution too - very much in the vein of Ghostbusters, hilarious.

As for the second movie - I really would like to see it happen, with Scully and Mulder present and correct. I like Doggett too, but Reyes I can take or leave. Some might disagree, but for me Mulder really was the centre of the X Files - Scully's character only shone when next ti him. The only episodes since Duchovny's departure I have enjoyed are the ones where he is either a very prominent figure (either on or off-screen)

I heard a while ago now that Doggett and Reyes would not appear in the movie , but Gillian Anderson would, and DD is very interested in being in it. BTW, what would be the point of doing another XF movie without CC behind it all? As you say, CC IS the X-Files.

xxx

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill
I heard a while ago now that Doggett and Reyes would not appear in the movie
I never really warmed to the character of Reyes, but I grew to like DOggett quite a lot, even if he was a poor substitute for Mulder. If they are to base the storyline of the second movie in and around the FBI, Doggett should be there.

I guess that I must just be slow on the news then to do with new films :blush: