Musings of a Trek Watcher

athena28

Sports Goddess
Enterprise:

"Damage" It's interesting to me how Janeway was feared & mistrusted by so many DQ inhabitants due to Voyager's reputation. While she did do some questionable things, she never did anything like Archer did in stealing a warp coil -- leaving another ship (commanded by the lovely Casey Biggs) helpless & at risk (IMHO). I know there was no Prime Directive in effect at this time; however, there was right & wrong and some type of Starfleet ideals -- I'd assume. I know why he did it, I just can't agree w/it.

Question: The coming attractions (on UPN) during April '04 ,which is when the eps. I reference were taped, keep saying "6 more episodes left, 5 more episodes left, etc." I seem to recall they were thinking of ending Enterprise after this, the 3d season, but I'm not positive. Does anyone recall?

Question: Why did Picard, Janeway & Archer have ready rooms & not Kirk? It seems odd, to me, for Archer to have one since Kirk didn't. I guess they could say they changed the design when Kirk's Enterprise was built but it seems as if (for continuity sake) Archer shouldn't have had one.

Question: Would T'Pol really have gotten addicted to Trillium D? I realize she's been around humans (exclusively) for a long time but would a Vulcan -- raised as she was & serving in the upper echelon of Vulcan society really have been lured to the dark side like this? I'm not at all convinced.

Enterprise:

"E2" Of course, I liked it b/c it was about time travel. Give me an AU or time travel story & I'm pretty well hooked. However, I didn't think it was as good as "Carbon Creek." Question: Why were one Enterprise’s weapons a red beam of light & one a blue beam of light? Sorry, I'm not trying to be picky just curious if anyone knows.

DS9:

I'm watching Season 7 on Spike-TV. I've prob. seen seasons 1-6 twice (once in '99 & once over the last year or so) and am now watching season 7 for the first time since '99. It's fun b/c I don't really remember much of it so it's almost like new.

There's often a good amt. of criticism re: Voyager (much of it deserved) that when Seven came on the show it became the Janeway/Seven hour. I've noticed a good many of season 7's eps. were Ezri heavy. Obviously, they needed to let us see her personality & how she was diff. from Jadzia but I think it might've been a tad too much causing some of the others to be relegated to background players for too many of the shows (Kira especially). Anyone else have an opinion?

I noticed Tony Dow directed an ep. That was pretty neat.

When Bashir & Sloan were headed to Romulus, I thought (for a moment) I was watching an ep. of Voyager when they showed the ship they were traveling on. Since it was '99 and Voyager had been on the air for 5 years already, I assume they just used the same exterior clips (just changing the interior a bit) they used for Voyager. I thought it was pretty neat.

Hope I haven't bored anyone to death w/my questions/comments. It's just that I don't generally watch as much Trek as I have in the last week & since I'm still watching Enterprise for the first time (I'm almost through w/season 3), I often have ques. about it.

That's a lot of ????
Originally posted by athena28
...stealing a warp coil -- leaving another ship helpless & at risk... I know why he did it, I just can't agree w/it.
Me neither. I expected that after they won the Time War, there might be some reconcilliation with those aliens.
I seem to recall they were thinking of ending Enterprise after this, the 3d season, but I'm not positive. Does anyone recall?
Yes, it was in the balance for a month or two.
Why did Picard, Janeway & Archer have ready rooms & not Kirk?... Archer shouldn't have had one.
I agree.
Would T'Pol really have gotten addicted to Trillium D?
I didn't think it was well thought out, more to let her off the hook from having to be stoic all the time. If you continue the analogy regarding drugs though, why, given all the information regarding health and addiction does anyone take them? Why do athletes destroy their bodies with Steroids?
I've noticed a good many of season 7's eps. were Ezri heavy.
I thought that at the time. Given everything that needed to happen and could happen, I wondered why they spent so much time building a character that we would only see one season. But I liked what she did, they managed to pull it all off, and she influenced the direction the other charcters took in the end.

Yeah, a lot of people I know wished the show went on a few more years to give more development to Ezri's character as they thought she had real potential. I wasn't that sure.

Yeah, a lot of people I know wished the show went on a few more years to give more development to Ezri's character as they thought she had real potential. I wasn't that sure.

It would have had they only done the Earth Romulan War and skipped the whole temporal xindi war.