Richard Dean Anderson in Season 10

awesome. this is great news. I'm looking forward to seeing him back... even if its only for a few episodes. :D

Can't wait for Season 10 to start over here in the UK. Am soooooooo looking forward to seeing Jack my favourite man appear in it.

annette :)

I know he's just been in one ep of S10 and one ep of Atlantis - so, I'm guessing there are a couple others coming up, for SG-1 anyway. Cool! (almost the only reason I keep watching sometimes... what are the writers THINKING?)

I highly doubt the writers are the ones who wanted to write him gradually out of the storyline. Generally, it was my understanding that casting changes happen due to certain actors wanting out, a lighter workload, or something along those lines.

Several years ago, I did an online writing thing, where many different people would make up a few characters and write about their exploits in the same world, eventually tying them into the global world plot. When I wanted to move on, the death of my characters was written into the story by the authors I was working the closest with. The global story had to march on, regardless of the "cast" playing it out.