8.22: Forever Charmed

Maria8475

It goes on.....
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.

This thread is about the episode in the Subject line so spoilers for this episode will probably be present ....consider yourselves warned

Use spoiler space when talking
about any future episodes by doing the
following:

{spoiler} type what you want
to say {/spoiler} replacing
the { } with brackets [ ].
-----------------------------

Farewell to an old friend

I was really hoping that Prue would show up for the last episode to lay the smack on one last time. But I guess that was to much to wish for. I haven't been that big a fan of Charmed in a good while now. I didn't like the fact they went for more camp than the theme of the show orginally. But enough of that. I was sad to see them go though. The WB's roster of shows are thining it would seem of shows that I will actually sit down and watch. Here's hoping for some more shows down the pipe along the lines of Charmed, Buffy, Farscape and Angel. I will miss them all very much so.

The LongGunMenX

Goodbye Charmed indeed.

That would have been nice to see Prue again, even for a little while. It doesn't seem like they "wrapped" everything up as well as most were hoping. Good or bad, they left some room for a possible spin-off.

I share your sentiments longgunmenx. I too liked the original season and the earlier seasons. As much as I understood the Prue/Shannon-haters, the show seemed to have made a turn after she left. I loved what Rose brought to the show, don't get me wrong. It just seems the storylines weren't the same or as entertaining as before.

"Be well" and farewell.

Yeah, I've also missed most of the last couple of series and didn't even realise they aired the final episode.

I heard it was pretty good though. I'll be waiting for the reruns. :)

spin-off

I picked up the latest issue # 10 of the Charmed magazine. Holly's actually mentions that a spin-off was talked about. But it doesn't look good from what I gather. She did kind of beat around the bush and said if it was good enough she would probably go for it but it would have to be a more flexible schedule for her to have time with her son. I didn't realize that WB and UPN have become a new network called CW either. I'm just out of the loop nowadays. If they do a spin-off though. I would like it to have a little teeth or bite to it like the original series started off with.

The LongGunMenX

spin-off and semi-tangent

That's pretty cool. Everyone likes Holly. :) I'm glad she mentioned it, but the "beating around the bush" thing isn't very encouraging.

And to add to the lack of encouragement:
Have you seen which shows from the WB and UPN, CW has picked up? If there were a spin-off, it looks even more unlikely that CW will pick it up. :(

If there were to be a spin-off (ignoring for the moment all the problems, as I'm prone to doing :D), what would you like to see in it?

I think maybe a pre-quel might be fun. Charting the adventures of Grams, Patty and the little ones. It'd be fun to see the tricks they played on Andy.

Or maybe a future one, where we get to see Wyatt grow up and be this all powerful guy. More importantly Chris again! Woohoo! :D

Pipe dreams, obviously. :rolleyes:

Wow. I don't think I ever seriously thought about a spin-off in reagards to a past. I love those episodes with the flashback to Grams and Patty and "the little ones"... can't remember which episode, but I loved it when Andy was dressed up like a cowboy and the little charmed ones played tricks on him. That was too cute. I think that might be an interesting spin-off, but I can't think of any stories that would be good and entertaining enough to keep going for more than a season or three... :D I wanted to say a season or two but being "the power of 3" I couldn't help it. :rolleyes: :lol: :p ;)

LOL :D

I appreciate the three reference *g*

Hmm I can't really think of any plots idea but see I just let the writers worry about that kinda thing. ;) No, what I meant is the show would be about Grams and Patty, doing magic, fighting evil and trying to bring up the girls. So the plots would probably be pretty similar. Demon of the week. Elders. Good vs. Evil - that kinda thing. Just with added cuteness. Plus Grams makes me laugh.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do a series on the period of Melinda Warren etc. Something along those lines would also be pretty cool. I'm not sure how much staying power it would have though. It's kind of hard to top the Charmed ones eight year run and all. But "The witch is back" and "That 70's episode" is two of my favorite episodes of all time. So I could get into Patty and Grams kicking butt pretty easily with the little Charmed ones in tow.

The LongGunMenX

I only got to watch this *finally*, yesterday morning and all I can say is Thankyou to Living TV for insisting on showing Charmed over and over again!

I was gutted that I missed it the first time round, very annoyed and my partner suffered quite a bit (I'm a Charmed addict) but it was worth the wait.

I thought it was all wrapped up pretty neatly. I was disappointed that Prue didn't show but I wasn't expecting her too either so I wasn't devastated but it would have been nice if she could have helped and finally met Paige!

SPOILERS

I thought the sisters dying was a nice touch, I didn't expect that especially as the rumours for a spin-off involved Phoebe, not Piper.

The whole travelling back through time thing was well done I thought, not too cheesy and rather amusing in parts, especially with Paddy and Victor. Seeing adult Wyatt and Chris again was rather nice for me too, seeing as they're both totally gorgeous!

Them all having 3 children was a little cheesy but a fitting end, afterall, they are the Charmed Ones!

Hallelujah that someone finally killed Chrissy, what an annoying little cow she was, it was nice that Billie survived but sad that she was the one to kill Chrissy although she totally deserved it in my humble opinion.

I am devastated that Charmed is now over but I'm not sure how much longer it could have run for without it getting repetitive. There are lots of rumours involving the cast and certain Miss Diva's which *apparently* had something to do with this being the last season also. Still, as Paddy says herself, everything happens for a reason! ;)

xx

Yeah I missed most of Series 8 to due to not having access to a TV for a lot of it! (That really sucks!) And know I'm completely lost on LivingTV schedules! *sighs* I'm going to try and watch it sometime. I'm encouraged by all the good things I've heard about it.

Oh you poor poor people, I sympathise! Fancy not being able to watch Charmed!!!

As for Living TV, they've just started Season 4 again as of Monday afternoon so Paige is settling in right now. It shows at 4pm and 5pm then repeats the following day at 11am and 12pm!

Also, Channel 4 are now showing Season 8 on T4 Saturday or Sunday!

No excuses now if you live in the UK!!!!! ;)

xx

Adasunshine said:
Oh you poor poor people, I sympathise! Fancy not being able to watch Charmed!!!

As for Living TV, they've just started Season 4 again as of Monday afternoon so Paige is settling in right now. It shows at 4pm and 5pm then repeats the following day at 11am and 12pm!

Also, Channel 4 are now showing Season 8 on T4 Saturday or Sunday!

No excuses now if you live in the UK!!!!! ;)

xx

Okay that is all well and good and for people who live on the other side of the pond, then what?:rolleyes: Am I suppose to fly there to watch TV? :p

I know Carrie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub it in, was just informing ol' Maria up there!

I'd have thought that the US would be repeating it to death also! Guess I was wrong!

xx

Adasunshine said:
I know Carrie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub it in, was just informing ol' Maria up there!

xx

Hey! I'm not old :D Thanks for the info. You're right, I have no excuse now!