2.12: Epiphany

Eway

Electronic Waymon
From Gateworld:

Sheppard finds himself on a planet where time passes more rapidly, with no way to contact his team or return to Atlantis.

This episode totally seemed like a retread of 100 days, Brief Candle and probably aspects of a couple of others that don't immediately come to mind.

I'm just hoping that these new ascended friends will in some way help the new "Lantians".

Yes, it's all been done before, and better. It reminded me of several 'Star Trek' episodes too. Until recently 'Stargate: Atlantis' seemed to have found some originality, but I wonder if they are finally loosing their touch.

The 'Forbidden Planet' Id monster was never explained either. Why was it necessary for Sheppard come before they were able to confront it, if they knew all along what it was?

And if the time was 250x faster and they stuck that tree branch through the portal for 20 seconds, then it was sticking in there for 1 and a half hours. How come Sheppard didn't see it when he was waiting for a sign that they hadn't given up on him?

Though I still managed to enjoy the show and found it far better than I expected . . I agree this was horribly unoriginal . .

SG-1 had an episode where O'neal was stranded on a green planet and had a love interest . . I'm guessing that's what I was reminded of immediately and after Eway posted I see the similarity to that other SG-1 episode too.

LOL Dave, I too was shouting "Forbidden Planet"

But it was enjoyable, Mckay to Mitchell, "What is it with you and Ancient women"

Mckay to Wier, " I need to get back to Conan and Xena"

LOL

This one was good but definitely a kind of filler episode. Not my favorite but it wasn't completely bad.

Krystal :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RJM Corbet Critiques 7
SDNess Critiques 2
M Earth Final Conflict 1