How long will Atlantis last?

darkghost

the unaverage joe
how long will atlantis last

how long do you all think that atlantis will last, i say 3 seasons. you dont have as much room as sg1 so it wont last as long and has only had few good episodes:alienooh:

Attachments

• anubis.jpg
    anubis.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 477
how about . . .

how long will it take the show to either (1) replace Dr. Wier with Heather Locklear or a T&A cutie; and/or (2) add another permanent female character to the show, one that must have blonde hair?

I am serious (see Babylon 5).

I suppose the clue will be when they stop having guest stars who meet that description... ("Poisoning the Well", "Underground", "The Storm/The Eye", "Sanctuary", "The Brotherhood" - and I've only seen S1)

Don't see any reason why there should be a problem; Stargate has lumbered on for years with the same weekly stock plot, holes and story. I would suggest that that is the real problem for Atlantis, that Stargate is still running?

Addition of more T&A merely gives viewers something to complain about.

I'm not so sure, the formula may be getting tired. Even 'Star Trek' suffered when 'Voyager' and 'DS9' were made at the same time, and there wasn't even the intention to have 'SG-1' and 'Atlantis' playing at the same time, it just kinda happened.

If they can keep the quality I will continue to watch, and I would think I'm the same as anyone else, but the comments I've read on the direction 'SG-1' is going have not been good. 'Atlantis' must always be harder to write for. You can't fall back on cheaper 'Earth-based' stories like 'SG-1' does, and they have failed to flesh out Teyla's people properly. When they do visit other worlds the episodes have been inconsistent in quality.

Re: how about . . .

how long will it take the show to either (1) replace Dr. Wier with Heather Locklear or a T&A cutie; and/or (2) add another permanent female character to the show, one that must have blonde hair?

I am serious (see Babylon 5).

It happened - Sam Carter is lovely and blonde :rolleyes:

How long can it last? I'm not sure, although at four seasons it still seems like they're going strong. My one concern is that they'll either run out of ideas or steam with the show, and that the quality will drop off. I'll keep watching, though, as it's enjoyable enough at the moment.

If they keep it as good as the first 3 seasons it will last atleast 7-9 seasons. If not its death at season 5 at max.

I am guessing it will end at season5, but that is just a guess of mine, not based on anything other than how SciFi operates.

Considering they are already up to season five, I would guest that there will be a few more seasons. Hopefully long enough to resolve the Asuran and Wraith threats. If it is anything like SG1, the Atlantis team will have defeated the Wraith, then the Replicators, and be just about overwhelmed by the new big bad when the series will be cancelled.

It wont end before season 6 thats for sure now. Alot of story left right now.