New Highlander movie?

TheDeeMan

Having watched the Bravo series Project GreenLight about the making of the upcoming horror movie "Feast", I noted that the two writers of that movie had been contracted by Dimension films to write a new Highlander movie. Has anyone heard anymore about a new Highlander film in the works?

Dee

Hey - I'm thinking that as long as they don't use the same guy who wrote "Endgame" and the ppl know SOMETHING about Highlander... we *might* get something watchable...

Needless to say, I was less-than-impressed with "Endgame".

This is one of those where you wanna say 'okay, cool, new movie, new stuff', but considering who's supposedly working on it, you wanna just scream and hide in a corner...

B/c I think the guy who wrote Endgame is writing "The Source" - and that scares me a lot.

can we say canon ignorance and plot holes bigger than those in Van Helsing?? (b/c at least those could be explained away)

Only the first Highlander movie was worth anything, IMO. The rest was derivative and not very good.

The Highlander was a good idea taken much too far. The first movies was the best and I liked the second as well. Sean Connery did a very good job and I thought Christopher Lambert improved in his second outing as the Highlander. He had a better script and lines.

The third and the fourth should never have been made and are certainly best forgotten. I guess I'd go see the new movie out of curiousity and because I like the basic premise.

The first and third were good and I really enjoyed Endgame. II was the only one I couldnt follow.

hmm I thought this thread was about the Highlander 'reboot' (YES it's going to happen) not about that.... 'other' movie...

hmm I thought this thread was about the Highlander 'reboot'

I just wish they would let Highlander Rest In Pieces. They've already prooven, I don't know how many times, that they don't care about writing interesting stories anymore. Hell, they don't even care about including good special effects! If you're not going to write good stories, you should at least make good special effects so people don't hold public burnings of your product across the nation

not about that.... 'other' movie...
You mean that horror film, Highlander the Source? Oooooh. I could say so much about that thing...