The Goa'uld vs the Borg

Aren't they fundamentally incompatible? The replicators chomp up anything they come across and replicate it using their own nano-produced lego-chips, from engines to human bodies. The Borg use largely human bodies for mobile units, with nano capable adaptations and attachments. Their vessels and technology are either stolen, adapted or engineered, but fundamentally "real", not replicated.

I would have to put my money on the Replicators, since they can consume the Borg, which I don't think can happen in reverse.

The real Replicators ? Or the ones in SGA?

The real ones seemed more unstoppable to me, they are not fixated on Ancient and their techs but they consume everything to became as advanced as good and cant be stopped for good.

The Borg would make short work of the Goa'uld. But what if the Borg and the Replicators got together. That would make some really bad guys.

The Borg would totally dominate over the Goa'uld. Regardless of all their advanced tech, the Borg would quickly adapt to the Staff weapons, Zats etc. and after that there wouldn't be much competition.

Kind of off topic, but how do you think that a confrontation between these two races would play out?

The Goa'uld would win. Why? If that sissy Frenchman Picard could beat the Borg, I'm pretty sure the Goa'uld could to.

I assume this question was posed before Anubis and Ba'al were on the scene...

Anubis had his Super Jaffa who were armored sort of like the Borg, but not hive-minded. And Ba'al - he was an arrogant s-o-b, but he was brilliant. He was a smart man (snake, whatever) and he knew it. He did stuff that most of the other goa'uld never thought of because they were too busy trying to find more hosts. The other goa'uld had lots of warriors, but Ba'al had weapons and brains. He was freakin' dangerous (until he got hooked up w/ a chic-goa'uld - which, is horribly cliché and I wanna smack the writers for that, but there are still clones *g*). That right there - the cloning tech he had and the fact that he cloned himself, with enough time, he could've obliterated the Borg psuedo-single-handedly.

However, before Anubis and Ba'al - the Borg would've crushed the goa'uld, b/c the SG-1 universe refused to allow them to be smart.