Goa'uld Skills

ZachWZ

Pre 1986 Comics Fan
I got to thinking. It has been well establish that when a gould takes a person over they get access to all of their memorires. What I am wondering is if they also get access to their skills. If a Gould takes over Tom Edison would they be able to invent like him? If they took over Emeril would they be able to cook like him?
Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the trust being taken over i think these questions will need to be answeared.

ZachWZ

I would have thought they must - they get the memory and the body (including muscle memory): how else could you define "skill"?

I was thinking more of the line of a person's creativity. A Gould could know volumes of math but could they think like Einstein? That was what I meant.

ZachWZ

The Goa'uld acquires the host's knowledge, but not the host's intelligence and personality, since it has its own. Think of it like reading a book and perfectly memorizing every concept outlined in it. Let's say you possess the body of a master chef. You will know every recipe he knows, but your ability to create new recipes is limited to what you have learned, as well as how your own personal thought process works. The mind of a nihilistic, self-centered being bent on ruling everyone probably isn't going to think the same way as a fat italian guy who spends his waking hours thinking about new and original spice combinations.

That's how I view it, anyway, so I guess the answer is: Yes, but only in a limited fashion.

I agree with Aes I don't really think they could do what Edison did or Emeril; especially Emeril as anyone can follow directions on how to cook something but only a real chef can make it taste a certain way as it is in the feel of it. An instictive ability or creativity would not transfer I believe.

I agree with Aes also. Knowledge is not the same as intelligence or creativity.