Superman Dies At Age 52

DarkCity545

The Truth Is Out There
Christopher Reeve dies at age 52 on Sunday.

Reeve fell into a coma Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home.

Reeve was being treated at Northern Westchester Hospital for a pressure wound, a common complication for people living with paralysis. In the past week, the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection.

Reeve broke his neck in May 1995 when he was thrown from his horse during an equestrian competition in Culpeper, Va.

He will truly be missed.

I just heard this news - I can't believe my Superman has gone.

Christopher Reeve was such an amazing man - we all knew he was an amazing actor anyway, from his films and tv work, but we really found out just what a fantastic person he was in the way he coped after the accident. He never gave in and refused to accept he would never walk again, and I was one of those people who always said in any discussion about it - if anyone can do this he can - he's Superman for gods sake!!

I have never failed to be inspired by him and I'm not entirely sure how I will get thru my working day today without tears

He surely will be missed

it is definitely sad news that Christopher Reeve has passed away. i have his auto biography or is that biography i can never tell the difference. i must make an effort to read it.

he will be sadly missed!!! :crying:

annette :(

He was an inspirational human being and will be missed by all. :(

RIP Christopher Reeve

I only just heard. I was shocked and disappointed. After everything he's struggled with it seems unfair for his life to be ended so swiftly. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

He is the Superman that everyone will remember!

I hope TPTB will not take this legacy from him and remake Superman again!