Laserblast (1978)

Dawes

"Laserblast"

A really bad SF flick from about 1978. Boy finds discarded alien weapon in the desert and it begins to change him. He then proceeds to blast everything in sight. Entertainingly bad, I guess. Anyone admit to seeing it?:D

Yes this film is truly bad , but its a classic and I just love to watch it. :D (y) :cool:

The sad part is that the potential for a good film was there . It had an interesting story premise and with a better script, could have easily become good solid science fiction film. This film is definitely a candidate for a reboot.

Last edited:
Good lizardmen and their rayguns, the plot was, errr, geee I just watched it a while ago...

Good lizardmen and their rayguns, the plot was, errr, geee I just watched it a while ago...

Roddy McDowell was in this film :)

There were plans a for Laserblast 2 , which never came to fruition.:)

i refuse to watch MS theater ever since they ran amok and did too many of them. Takes the fun out, and the jokes got a bit repetetive and predictable and juvenile. The reviews in here are just as funnier, I reckon.

i refuse to watch MS theater ever since they ran amok and did too many of them. Takes the fun out, and the jokes got a bit repetetive and predictable and juvenile. The reviews in here are just as funnier, I reckon.

Some of the commentary is absolutely hysterical. :D

too many fart jokes, same jokes movie after movie... i like my own jokes better, tyvm... like the one about Hitler's brain...

too many fart jokes, same jokes movie after movie... i like my own jokes better, tyvm... like the one about Hitler's brain...

Ive seen that atrocious film and would put that under the heading of " what were thye thinking when they green lighted this film" ?:eek:

For me, it;s one of those, "not bad, not good, but not bad" weird sci-fi flicks. I too thought it had potential, but the budget was tiny. I saw it at a drive-in. Then on VHS and finally on MST3K (best version).

1574904062489.png

1574904725513.png

For me, it;s one of those, "not bad, not good, but not bad" weird sci-fi flicks. I too thought it had potential, but the budget was tiny. I saw it at a drive-in. Then on VHS and finally on MST3K (best version).

Cool pictures .:cool:(y)

If could change history on this film, I would give it more of a budget , turn over writing, production and direction jobs to Roger Corman ,Joesph Stephano, Leslie Stevens and Harlan Ellison , Imagine what they could've done with this film.

Last edited: