Dr. Weir's Leadership

Garron

Hey everyone,

I'm just here to say that Dr. Weir's character is growing on me. I was rather skeptical of her at the beginning, but now, I am pleased to say that I am looking forward to seeing another 7 seasons of Stargate Atlantis.

G

I liked her at first (original casting) the new one well its not so much the actess as the character.

Dr Wier just does not fit in with the plot, why the hell is she there?? She plays small bitty parts trying to enforce some "prime directive" she adopted after going to all those trekkie conventions.

It would have been different if they hadn't killed off Col. Sumner, there could have been a lot of friction between them. She now has no one to stand up to her, Shepherd certainly never does, he always avoids the issues. The others are all dorks and nerds, just look at her showdown with Dr. Cavanagh (pony-tailed gate engineer.) She treats Beckett and McKay like children, and it's not surprising since they mostly act that way.

I really like Weir... i dont think she treats McKay, Beckett etc like children really - but i can see were your coming from :)

I think she takes a more... relaxed command, she is after all a diplomat. She looks at all her options she gets from her team and makes a decision in a nice way...

I cant really explain why - but shes slowly through S1 to S2 became my favorite character :) Love the character to bits :D

Can you believe that it has been over three years since my last post? Just to let everyone know, its good to be back and around. I don't know if the original crew is still around, chances are its, not!

3 years and my account hasn't been deleted!