Wouldn't it be wierd if...

gr8scott

Tal Shiar
Just a momentary thought driving home the other day:

Wouldn't it be cool if a Wraith was possessed by a Goa'uld?

What will the replicators do to Atlantis and/or the Wraiths?

Were the replicators originally created by Ancient tech?

Also, please help me remember... why couldn't SGC remake the device that ONeil made to dial up the Asgards using Tealc's staffweapon as a power source? Doesn't that make ZPM's somewhat over-rated?

Just thought I'd share my mind. So what do you think?

1) Wraith\Goa'uld combo, who knows?

2) Atlantis\Replicators, could happen.

3) The Replicators were created by an android, who was made by a human in SG-1's home galaxy.

4) The device that Jack made was kind of like a "spare" tire on a car. Its a short-term fix, whereas the ZPM is more for regular use. Also the "temp" ZPM that Jack made only had power for one (or two), not the whole Atlantis group plus stuff.

Originally posted by tuco
The Replicators were created by an android, who was made by a human in SG-1's home galaxy.

Was the human an Ancient?

The device that Jack made was kind of like a "spare" tire on a car. Its a short-term fix, whereas the ZPM is more for regular use. Also the "temp" ZPM that Jack made only had power for one (or two), not the whole Atlantis group plus stuff.

So why not just build a bunch of them. I'm sure they have access to lots of staff weapons. At least this way, they wouldn't be cut off from Atlantis.

Originally posted by gr8scott
Were the replicators originally created by Ancient tech?
They were created by Reese's father, who is believed to have been human. No reason to suspect otherwise - they were effectively just badly programmed having been given powerful nanotechnology capabilities.
Also, please help me remember... why couldn't SGC remake the device that ONeil made to dial up the Asgards using Tealc's staffweapon as a power source?
It was "designed" by Jack's subconscious to be a one-time-use power supply, presumably the subconscious adding an implicit fail-safe so it couldn't be re-used. However, when there were two Sams working on the problem they were able to use the decay rate of naquadah to get it working again. Theoretically, therefore, Earth could use it whenever they liked - if they had any other gate addresses than Othala. [I haven't seen any episodes from Atlantis, so forgive any obvious omissions]