Britney better than JR Bourne?!?!?!?!?!?

lene morissette

I'm BACK!!!! Yay! Hiya!
OK, for those of you who *didn't* attend Gatecon this year, JR was telling us about the fact that he auditioned several times for both of the X-Men films and, even though the director Bryan Singer liked him a lot, he didn't get a part. Now, JR is a self-confessed X-Men fan and has been for a long time and he said that he really wants a part in one of the films at some point and I think he deserves one too. He's a fab actor and he's so kind and gorgeous to boot!

Anyway, so I was reading the Metro newspaper last week and I found a tiny article about Halle Berry offering to get Britney a part in X-Men 3 (apparently they're now best buds or something!). Now, excuse me for being blunt but WHAT THE HELL?!? Not ONLY is JR a much better actor than the pop princess, but he's much better suited to the role too. If they do end up having Britney instead of JR I'm refusing to watch the film on principle.

Say NO to Britney and YES to JR!

Britney? Who he? :confused: Never heard of him. Or Hall Berry for that matter.

JR, on the other hand, I have great admiration for. :D As you say, he's a delightful actor, and generous and attractive too.
:cool:

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Such fun...

Ah, the 'fun' of using 'big name stars' vrs those who can actually do the job.

I enjoy JR's acting and I like and admire the man [he's a hoot to be around and I'm proud to be part of his fund raising efforts for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation]. If anyone deserves a clear shot at a big role movie, it's him.

You've got my vote! :D

Rowan

What!! Britney in X-Men 3. Oh my God! Okay she looks absolutely fantastic, but as for acting - that's a big No-No.

Er - why exactly would they want Britney Spears in X3? I don't know if I could watch a movie with her in it - Hugh Jackman or no Hugh Jackman -- he's bloody talented, but not sure I'd be able to suffer through pop-princess to get to the Logan parts --

Now JR - oh - put him in just about anything -- ;) He's fabulous with all his roles - even though he dies most of the time *sigh* - I've seen him do amazing things in really bad movies -- ("Orange" anyone?? ;))

I want JR in the next installment of X-men films!

Shouldn't this be in the X-men fourm?
What role is JR foing for?
Same for Brittey ?

ZachWZ

Originally posted by ZachWZ
Shouldn't this be in the X-men fourm?
What role is JR foing for?
Same for Brittey ?

ZachWZ

To answer your questions:

Probably.
Whatever role they will offer him!
We have no idea, but hoping for 'none'.

I'll move this to X-men, and leave a redirect ---

*revives thread*

Glad to see that there was NO hint of Britney Spears anywhere in X3!

Granted, there was no JR Bourne either, but that might've had something to do with the directorial shifting. JR would've been good in X-Men.

genisis2 said:
Who the heck is JR Bourne?

this is where I *gasp* at you... :D

He is the actor who plays Martouf on "Stargate SG-1" (until his character was killed); he's also been in some other things - usually small roles and he usually dies.

The most recent was a guest spot on "The Dead Zone" - he played a religious cult leader.

Back