Official Website for Serenity Movie

Browncoat

As has already been noted, Serenity: The Firefly Movie is currently filming at Universal Studios and is scheduled for release on April 22, 2005.

Universal has put up an official website to promote the movie. Currently, it's aimed at Firefly fans, but I expect there will be more conventional promotional content for the general public when the release date approaches.

There's some interesting inside information there now: an official blog, message board, chat room, banners and icons, trivia, etc.

You have to "Join the Browncoats" to gain access to the info.

Serenity: The Official Movie Website

Actually to split hairs, somewhat, it seems that the link that Browncoat provides goes through "The Browncoats" website and does not work if you travel the WWWeb with Java and other scripts disabled (the only wise way to wander in my opinion)-

browncoats.serenitymovie.com/serenity/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=Gallivant&linkID=36

The direct route to the Official Universal Studios website is at the bottom of the home page of The Browncoats website -

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

Courtesy of your no-frills traveler, OB-Wan

If you go the Universal Studios home site and look under "in production" for Serenity you can find:

In theaters: April 22, 2005

Besides our regulars the cast includes:

Chiwetal Ejiotor. The IMdB tells me that he was born in England of Nigerian parents. His name is pronounced "chew-it-tell edge-oh-for". He was voted outstanding newcomer in the London Evening Standard awards in 2000 and nominated for best supporting actor at the Olivier Awards in 2001 for his performance in Blue/Orange at the Royal National Theatre.

The movie sysnopsis refers to:

"...caught between the unstoppable military force of the Universal Alliance and the horrific, cannibalistic fury of the Reavers savages who roam the very edge of space."

But I don't know if that is to be taken literally as being actively chased by both sides or if it just describes the universe they live in.

Just nine months 'til the birth.