Genesis of Andromeda?

ray gower

Funny how things sort of run around in circles.

Running around trying to find an answer to a question on Klingons, I got sidetracked onto alt.tv.andromeda and from there into other murkier bakwaters.

There is the interesting theory that Andromeda was intended as a direct spin-off for Star Trek. The original link being a story oriiginally penned for Star Trek, but later modified into a film called Genesis II.

Anybody want to attach the level of credence, or expand upon the theory?

From what I recall about the beginnings there was a pilot called Genesis made which had 'a' Captain Dylan Hunt at the helm however it was shelved for whatever reason Im not quite sure and Trek the Original series was made instead.

It was many years later the old notes by Gene were found by his wife Majel and it was dragged out and dusted off and viola we have what is now called Andromeda or so is my understanding.

Cheers
Stripe

There was Genisis and planet earth both had Dylan Hunt Both played by John Saxon.
Both Hunts were from the past. reawakened in a world that has regressed.

i have a question, what time year does andromeda universe takes place in ? is it in somwhere i the beginning of 5th millenium BC year 5000 ??