(Found) Frozen Earth Title

twilliamsjr55

Does anyone know the name or author of a book written before 1970 about Earth being covered in ice and snow. The surviving people lived underground in just a few cities. The people from one city set out to see if they could find another city. I remember somthing about them having solar powered snowmobiles. Thank you for any help.

>>>> Moved to Books. (Q & A is for questions to moderators about the forum software.)

I read a book in the late '70's or possibly early '80's which could have been the one you were thinking of?

The only problem is that I can't remember the title. I think it was by Dr John Gribbin. He is an astro-physicist and used to have a column in New Scientist in the late '70's. A google search will come up with a lot of similar works by him on climate change, but nothing published that early (and you wanted something pre-1970 anyway.)

One interesting find is a site called 'The Internet Speculative Fiction Database' http://www.isfdb.org/sfdbase.html which will certainly be useful to use for any of these queries in the future.

Back