8.07: Affinity

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
8.XX: Affinity

BEWARE SPOILERS
From Gateworld
Thanks to General O'Neill's influence, Teal'c has moved into an apartment off the base, in Colorado Springs. It doesn't take the Jaffa warrior long before he finds himself in the middle of a ... situation. His next-door neighbor, an attractive young woman named Krista James, dumps her abuse boyfriend, Doug. Sparks fly between her and Teal'c, especially when he teaches her Lok'nel, an ancient form of Jaffa martial arts.

Prompted by Teal'c's burgeoning love life, Carter, meanwhile, is having second thoughts about maintaining a committed relationship with Pete Shanahan ("Chimera"). Is it fair to him, she wonders, for her to put her life in danger exploring other planets? What about having children one day? Would she drop off her kids at day care before heading off-world?

It's not yet known whether or not Shanahan appears in "Affinity," though Carter's musings do lead to several conversations with her teammates.

Teal'c is surprised to return home and find Krista waiting outside his apartment. She is agitated, and pleads with him to take her away for the weekend. What Teal'c does not yet know is that something has happened to Doug ... and it won't be good for Teal'c. SG-1 must soon launch a search for Krista when she goes missing, and find out why Teal'c is being set up.

From SG1_Spoilme
Looks like an earth-bound episode in which Teal'c, who now has new digs
off-base in an apartment complex, falls into a Lifetime movie plot in which he
becomes involved (ahem, rather heavily) with a sexy new neighbor which soon
turns
bad when people go missing and get killed.

In another subplot of the episode, Sam wonders what kind of life she can have
with Pete (the cop from "Chimera"). No word if Pete is in the episode or not.

Thanx to Gateworld and SG1_Spoilme for the info.
For more info look to www.gateworld.net and http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/message/11617

:D

SPOILERS
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

I wouldn't say I hated it but I have a very strong dislike for Pete.
I think they are moving way too fast. Sh hasn't known him that long and he is asking her to marry him??

I like that T is out on his own and it is too bad he had to go back to the mountain at the end

Thats all for now I hope more people comment on this episode!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

JacksLover

Wow, not much conversation about this one, eh?

Spoilers

I agree it seems like Sam and Pete barely know each other let alone are ready for a "pop the question scenario." However, I suppose we are to assume that months have gone by and that Pete has been making the trek to date her each weekend she isn't off saving the planet.

Is it just me...(likely)...or do the two of them not look age appropriate? Now don't get me wrong, Amanda is a beautiful and talented actress and DeLuise is a good guy, but babyfaced DeLuise looks just so young. I feel like she is dating a guy who just graduated college.

I do love the fact that he referred to himself as a stalker. Wonder if Stalker Pete ever reads the boards? I also think it's a riot that his character's name is the same as his brother's.

Enough about Sam and Pete. Now for Daniel. Sci-Fi teased us almost indicating that Daniel was going to the dark side, or going in or some such. In fact Daniel goes to the park and poof. Hmm. Not a substantive role there. Guess Michael's script is back to saying Stands against wall and hugs body. Wish he had more of a part in that one. No dessert for the writers this week.

All in all, glad T got the girl...too bad she's wacked. Want Sam to hook up but wish Pete were more her equal. Daniel needs...well, a life and some lines. And, poor Jack, if you listen quietly you can hear his heat breaking. Man, he wants to whip some goua'ld butt. But, instead he'll just review reports.

One last thought. Too bad "Save the Town Teal'c" was busy with the girl. He could have saved Daniel in the park. Ah...well, maybe in an alternate reality.

I didn't hate this ep. Just want more substance.

to me the saddest part is that teal'c has to surrender his freedom to safeguard his friends.

this eps sorta reminded me of politics, without all the flashbacks, pure, rather clumsy, set up

Earnest Pete gets on my nerves. he's too eager, like a puppy.

now cop pete...cop pete was ok. Cop pete actually acted like an intelligent adult.

i can only guess that the pressures of doing two shows is telling because i could tell where this one was going to end about 10 minutes in. could they have at least done something interesting and maybe had the boyfriend kill the old lady and have krista cover for him? as soon as i saw worthless boy i knew he was doomed to die...all he lacked was a red shirt

Yep, I agree about the loser guy. Sometimes while I am watching sci-fi I picture walking up with his wardrobe and saying to the character, "Here's your shirt. So sorry, but the only color we have left is red." :)

I thought it was a very good imo.. I liked how Tealc acted in the community. It was very much how I would have expected and was cool to see. I also like the aspect of Sam getting hooked up. Maybe he will become the 4th member of SG-1 ;)

I saw it a second time and guess what!!!!!I STILL HATED IT!!

I HATED TEALC clothes, the kissing, the girl,the kissing, the story-line, the kissing,the kid, the kissing,the old woman and dog, the kissing,the plot, the kissing, the kissing.......

BUT, I did LOVED the apartment! Don't they have places in that state where you can live and everyone MIND THIER OWN BEE-WAX???

one thing i didn'tget was t's neighborhood.

Ok, the SGC has a 7.4 billion dollar budget. And they're worried about Teal'c calling attention to himself and being noticed....so they put him in a 'hood with gang bangers and purse snatchers??????

They couldn't find a more upscale part of the springs? or somewhere in the burbs? or maybe a cabin in the woods?????

Thank you Miss Skydiver, thats exactly what I was thinking!!
Since Jack has a cabin in a secluded place, why couldn't Tealc have a place like that?:rolleyes:

Well Jack wanted it that way... my guess is that T'ealc wanted to interact with people more.

ok, if Tealc wants to interact more with people, isn't there a place where there not that many people,but enough where Tealc can feel comfortable?

HINT, HINT :naughty: my neighborhood????

Since Jack has a cabin in a secluded place, why couldn't Tealc have a place like that?

That's what I wanted to know too, but in a previous episode Jack and Teal'c were "fishing" and T seemed to have an intense dislike for mosquitos.

Or maybe I just think too much.:D

When Jack and Teal'c were fishing that was at Jack's cabin In Minnesota.

Even upscale neighborhoods can have crime. At least it does where I live!

Even upscale neighborhoods can have crime. At least it does where I live!

I readily agree with you! Never know what I'm gonna find in New Orleans...it's always something different everyday!

And the kicker is we're moving again next summer!

Basically, we "ALL WANT TEALC to LIVE in a NEIGHBORHOOD where he can feel safe and do normal things.........................like cut my grass, change lightbulbs,wash my back........................ :upto:

Spoilers

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

Whew what a relief, Pete asking Sam the big question and she said yes, you know what this means, no more Jack and Sam shipping, no more Jack and Sam Shipping

HIP HIP HOORAY that makes this fan so happy

The bloke is soooo romantic isnt he, couple of hotdogs, park bench, pops out the ginormous diamond, did you see Sam's jaw drop

But back on topic, how cool to see the future Smallville's Lois Lane (Erica Durance) playing Crista James a quick love interst for Teal'c a somewhat hazardous interest as it turned out......

And Teal'c dropping the bloke with a ball that would make a pro cricketer happy.....

I hope Sam's Black Widow effect returns to take Petes life!!!!!!!!!!!

He is NOT romantic he is a stalker and is very insecure about the fact that he can't know all the details of what Sam does for the Air Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete must die

Long live Sam and Jack!!!!!!!!

Now, Now Play nice!!!

SAM CAN HAVE JACK, WHEN THEY ARE OFF-WORLD.....................THEN, SHE CAN HAVE PETE,WHEN SHE IS ON-WORLD :D

............................being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JacksLover
I hope Sam's Black Widow effect returns to take Petes life!!!!!!!!!!!

He is NOT romantic he is a stalker and is very insecure about the fact that he can't know all the details of what Sam does for the Air Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete must die

Long live Sam and Jack!!!!!!!!

Stalker
rofl.gif
, I had a good laugh at the shot the SG-1 writers had at the stalkers 'get rid of Pete brigade' with the line they gave him when he said "you didnt run away when I stalked you" that was so excellent ;)

The bloke is no more a stalker than Jack is, Im hopin good old Pete is there for the duration and he become Mr. P Carter, at least that will free us anti-Jack-and-Sam-shippers up from the spectre of Jack and Sam getting together and having to go find another scifi show :dead:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pyan Reviews & Interviews 0