Lieutenant Aiden Ford

DarkCity545

The Truth Is Out There
Boyishly good-looking, with an ebullient sense of humor to match, this 25-year-old is an officer who volunteers for the Atlantis mission. A good man in a tight spot, he accompanies Major Sheppard on a perilous rescue mission to the Wraith planet, where unspeakable terrors lurk. He keeps a cool head and his finger on the trigger when the Wraiths are closing in on the rescue party.

Played by Rainbow Sun Francks, he is the son of Don Francks who played Walter on Le Femm Nikita the series. also the brother of Cree Summer from a Differant World and many animated voices.
He was also a MusicMucis VJ.

I found one site for him on MSN there is also a section for him on IMDB

Lieutenant Ford seems to have quite a bit of potential. His character is young, which I believe is a great avenue/character to explore since the character has limited life experience. Unlike Daniel Jackson, who is an experienced Doctor, Sam Carter as a Captain and Doctor, Ford displays his youth during the first three episodes of season one.
One thing I have grown to hate is his "homeboy" attitude he seems to carry during the first eight eps of season. I hope he looses it soon, because it's rather annoying.

Homeboy attitude? Can you give an example? I have not seen this trait in his character.

The way he wears his hat sometimes is the main thing. I think. He's kind of hip-hopsterish, but I think that's just Rainbow's own character coming through.

So, what do you guys think of Ford being a recurring character in Season 2? Seems like TPTB are getting ready to kill him off! I am not a fan. I like Ford. TPTB are introducing a new character, an alien weapons expert/mercanary to the cast and removing Ford. So far I am pretty skeptical of this decision.

Though it isn't the fault of Rainbow,
I don't think he will be missed.
It's the way the character has been written; he's like a 'Harry Kim' from 'Voyager' (or 'Geordi La Forge' from 'TNG - 1st Season'). The writers want to portray how wonderous and strange this place is from the point of view of someone young, but you have to have experienced a little of life already in order to get to that position. Geordi did get better writing later in that series.

My response...

1. there is no "homeboy" feel with this character, You are stereo typing. What kind of Outlandish reasoning is hat placement? dah! I see lots of people wearing hats all kinds of ways... the best hat, however is the hat Jack O'Neill wore in the episode "Shades of Grey" (no bill - the flat panel that sticks out and provides a shading area for your face. )

2. I agree with Garron on one thing, this character has lots of potential, but unfortunately the writters will not develop him because of the following:

He's not caucasian, but of mixed decent instead.
(has nothing to do with his age, Major Sheppard is not much older than his character, plus to me he is a regurgutation of the Stargate character "Jack O'Neill")

He was introduced to the part badly, as a look out of sorts for the defunked original mission commander who had a problem with what he read about "Shepp" in reports of others and not what he experienced. (Can you say "hear say")

Oh, and Dave
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!

He will be missed
Reading this thread just might motivate me to start a save Ford Petition

rainbow_image.jpg

LT. Ford boyishly good looking and in UNIFORM (hence the hat)

It's a year in coming, but Thanks SCIFI. I've been a little busy.

No worries.

Aiden love still remains... ;) Found another person at another forum that misses him. Good stuff too because most of the people there didn't care either way. :dead: