Bad News

DarkCity545

The Truth Is Out There
I know I have not been around a lot. I have been sick, I had surgery and still recooperating.

I have some bad news :mad:

Mutant X has been cancelled!!!!! :evil:

I posted earlier that the show had been signed for 2 more seasons, the cancelation has something to do with a company Fireside being sold, and with that Mutant X has been cancelled.

Tribune has not made the announcement official. The cast has been told. Karen Cliche (Lexa) posted on her board of the cancelation.

A petition has been started to save the show. I don't have all he details on the petition yet if you will email me with your name, location and email addy I will send them on to the petition site. Please put Mutant X in the subject line so they won't go to my junk mail!!

PLEASE help with this!!!

Fireworks entertainment has been sold due to the fact that the company had been losing money for quite some time now. CanWest decieded that they needed to cut their loses and let Fireworks go. Mutant X and Andromeda both will suffer. The Mutant X fandom www.puremx.net has started a petition that will be sent to Sci-Fi channel.

http://www.petitiononline.com/savemx/petition.html

This petition is targeted at the international fandom and not int the USA alone. Please sign. You do not have to leave a comment if you wish. Though signing it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

frickangel

thanks frickangel for the information!!!

Andromeda is not suffering!!!! Sci-Fi channel has it up and running with new episodes planned!!!

Is this the petition you were referring to in your post or is there another one as well that you know of? I'm searchign for all the petitions I can find so I can help spread the word to other MX boards and yahoo groups.
Thank you!
Steph (loveconquers)

That's really bad news, I definitely going to sign the petitions.

DarkCity, I hope you're feeling better and recover for the surgery.

Krystal :cool:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=6555

Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:57 AM
Legal Battle Could Determine Futures of 'Andromeda,' 'Mutant X'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- The future of syndicated dramas "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" and "Mutant X" may be decided by the legal system, according to documents released by both series' U.S. distributor, Tribune Entertainment.

The news comes on the heels of last week's closing of Fireworks Entertainment, the Canadian company which produces both "Mutant X" and "Andromeda" (read the story). Said development caused production on both shows to be halted indefinitely, calling into question the fates of each.

Tribune had cleared both shows through the 2004-05 season on more than 140 local stations across the U.S. covering 85% of the country and in "Andromeda's" case, had also partnered with cable's Sci Fi Channel for shared airings of the series.

Nevertheless, without Fireworks' financial backing Tribune appears unwilling to go forward with the new seasons. As part of its 2003 Annual Report, Tribune noted that following in regards to both series:

"Tribune Entertainment has ordered production of 2004/2005 seasons of 'Andromeda' and 'Mutant X' and exercised contractual options requiring its financial partner to provide funding, however, Tribune Entertainment's financial partner has commenced litigation which seeks a determination that it is not obligated to participate in the further financing or production of either series."

While details about said litigation have yet to be released, it's obvious this development presents a major hurdle for both series to resume production.

Click Here for access to Tribune's annual reports

Special thanks to Meg Lahey for forwarding this information.

Rather then waste time spending letters and doing mass mailing fans should get other people to watch and maybe buy the DVD's.

It was the DVD sales that put the god awful Family Guy and the mediocre Firefly back into production.

ZachWZ